"Jack?"

He waited a short second before shaking his head silently. He then took off, flying back towards a very angry Pitch Black. They began brawling in air, as North, Bunny, Tooth, and Sandy all made their way to me.

"Who was that?" Tooth asks with a high-pitched voice. Well, more high-pitched than usual. 

"I-I don't know." 

"No matter. Are you injured?" North asks, in his usual Russian accent.

"Yeah, thanks to whoever that was." I stood, brushing off some snow. A dark horse was about to jump us, until Bunny smacked it's head with a boomerang. The guy in the hood landed on his feet in front of us. 

"Uh... hello." I say, looking at him. He doesn't say anything, just stands there. "Um, ok. Thanks for saving me." He just nodded.

"Not much a talker, are you, mate?" Bunny questions, thought it sounded more like a statement. The guy nodded again, and Sandy gave him a knowing look.

"Ok, uh, do you need help?" Tooth asks. He shook his head, then pointed behind him. We all looked past him and saw Pitch laying in the snow, defeated.

"You took Pitch out that fast?" North asks, shocked. We all were. Of course, he nodded once again, still silent. Sandy made a thumbs-up sign above his head.

"Wow." I say softly. "So... what now?"

"Now, we go to my workshop." North says. He took out a snow globe and threw it, and a portal opened.

"Cool."

We all passed through, including the silent dude. No one questioned it.

We ended up in a large room, filled with little short elves running around- is that a yeti? One of the yetis waddled up to me, looking at me curiously. 

"I am suddenly realizing how short I am compared to you guys..." I whisper, staring at the freakishly tall yetis. I heard some random grunts and noises, and North turned to one the yetis. 

I turned to see one of the yetis holding the hooded dude by the shoulders in the air. North grumbled under his breath, annoyed. 

"No- Phil- don't. Put...put him down." North says, motioning to the floor, slightly annoyed. Phil had a confused look and thought 'put him down' meant 'dangle out window'.

Bunny shook his head as North freaked out, trying to tell Phil the yeti to not drop him out the window. North directed Phil's furry paws back inside the workshop, and moved them down so that the guy wasn't suspended mid-air. North dragged a very confused Phil's paws off of the dude's arm, then turned back to the guy. Somehow, he still had the hood on after all that. 

"I am sorry... the yetis... they aren't the brightest of creatures." North apologized to him, and he just nodded.

"Y/N, follow me." Tooth said, leading me through the workshop. We stopped in the kitchen, and I thought I might cry. 

I ran at him, wrapping my arms around him. 

"Y/N." he whispered, surprised. After a moment, he hugged back. 

"Jack! Why aren't you in bed! I told you that you were on bed rest!" Tooth practically yells, flying up to us. 

"What, a guy can't get a glass of water around here?" 

"You should of had one of the elves or the yetis get it for you. You're still healing!" 

"Not anymore, look." Jack went to move me out of the way, but I made like glue and stuck. "Uh, Y/N, you-you have to move."

"No." I complained.

"Just for a second?"

"No."

"Ok, then just move over a bit, then." 

I grumpily moved over to hug his left side. He lifted the bottom right of his shirt, to reveal that the dark spot had actually disappeared mostly. North and the others finally walked into the room, and saw. 

"Oh, that's amazing!" 

Jack dropped the shirt, and saw the hooded dude. "Ok, who's that?"

Everyone looked at him, and shrugged. North answer. "We actually don't know. He showed up when we were meeting Pitch, and saved Y/N from falling to her death." 

"Nice way of wording it gently, mate." Bunny grumbled, rolling his eyes. 

"And he beat Pitch in, like, less than a minute." Tooth added, Sandy nodding along.

Jack glanced at me, then at the guy. "Wow.... Just... wow. Thank you, so much." Of course, he nodded. 

"Oh, yeah, he doesn't talk, like Sandy." Tooth explained, seeing Jack's confused face.

"Ah, that explains it." Jack looked down at me. "Alright, Princess, you can let go now."

"Nope. I'm never leaving, ever. Eeeeeevvveeeeerrr."

"And why not?"

"Because, I thought you died!"

Jack sighed and looked up at the other Guardians.

"You forgot to tell her I wasn't dead, didn't you?" 

They all murmured "Maybe...", awkwardly shifting around.

Jack shook his head. "Idiots. I'm surrounded by idiots."