Chapter 14 (Part 3)

--Time Skip Because I Have No Idea What To Do--

I stare at the TV, watching F/A. Currently, I am in Jake's guest room, screen-casting my computer to the TV. When the theme song comes on, I sing along. Yes, I know Japanese lyrics. So what? I like anime a bit too much. 

I hear a clang and a crash from the kitchen, and I immediately spring up from the bed. Just before I swing the door open, I hear something else. 

"I'M OK!" Jake yells from the kitchen, so I sit back down on the bed. As soon as I un-pause the show, another clang comes from the kitchen. "I'm not ok!" Jake's muffled yells come from the kitchen once again. 

I sigh and get up from the bed. Walking into the kitchen, I see Jake's hands stuck in a plastic 8-pack can set, while he is laying on the floor with a dozen or so pots and pans on top of him. Flour, sugar, batter, and pudding is variously scattered around the kitchen. 

"Just when I thought you couldn't get any stupider." I grumble, rolling my eyes. 

"Halp. I've fallen and can't get up."

I laugh and take out my phone. "One sec." I snap a picture of him in the kitchen, and save it. Chuckling, I start removing pots and pans off him. 

"Did you just take a picture of me?!" he whines, trying to get the plastic off his wrists. 

"You betcha. Now stop flailing around." I order, taking the last pan off. I grabbed the plastic and pull him up. Grabbing a pair of scissors from the drawer, I cut through the plastic. His eyes looked past me and into the living room, widening. 

"Uh... don't freak out but there's someone else here." 

Still holding the scissors, I froze. "What does he look like?"

"Dark hair, grey-ish skin, wearing a .... dress?" 

"Oh my god... Pitch."

"Pitch? You know him?" Jake says, a little loudly. I clap my hands over his mouth, and push us into a corner, grabbing a pan. Looking over my shoulder, I see the one and only Pitch Black wandering through the house. I shove the pan to Jake, and take out my phone. Scrolling through the contacts, I stop when I see B/F/N. Clicking on it, I call her. 

The phone began ringing, and I began to put it to my ear, only for the phone to be blasted out of my hand. By black sand. 

"Boo." the dark voice growls. I slowly turn to face Pitch. 

"Aim for the face." I whisper to Jake, tapping the pan. He nodded, and hurled the pan at Pitch. He threw up sand in front of his face. To our luck, Jake has a terrible throw, and the pan actually rammed into his legs. I grabbed Jake's hand and ran past Pitch while he was distracted. 

"He has magic?!" Jake yells.

"Uhh... you see, he's the boogeyman. Remember Jack?"

"Yeah?"

"Yeah, he's Jack Frost, the myth. There's also North AKA Santa, Bunnymund AKA Easter Bunny, Tooth AKA Tooth Fairy, and Sandy AKA Sand Man."

"Wait, what?!"

"It's a long long story!" By now, we had reached the guest room. I slammed the door closed, locking it and pushed a piece of furniture in front of it. Pitch's laugh came from outside the door, and his shadow appeared on the wall. He emerged from it, with an evil grin. 

"Since when could he walk through walls?!" Jake cries, gesturing frantically at nothing. 

"Shut up and get away!" I say sternly, putting an arm in front of Jake, pushing him back. 

Pitch eyed Jake, amused. I narrowed my eyes at him. 

"Don't." I growled at Pitch. He raised his non-existent eyebrows, and looked at me.

"I am not here for the boy. I came for you."

"Ooof course ya did." I grumble under my breath. 

"But... that does not mean I won't use him to my advantage." Pitch adds, tilting his head. Before I could react, a black spear appeared from sand, at the edge of Jake's throat. 

"Oh...ok..." Jake squeaks in a small, scared voice, eyeing the spear. He backed against the wall, and it followed him. Jake started hyperventilating. 

Jake's POV

WHAT. THE. HECK. WAS. GOING. ON?!

First of all, all the myths are real?! 

Second of all, Y/N was dating Jack Frost?!

Third of all, why did Pitch want Y/N?

I felt my chest become heavy as my breathing patterns sped up and became more random. I watched the spear, Pitch, and Y/N in a state of panic. 

"Let him go." Y/N growls, balling her fists.

"Only if you come with me without resistance, girl."

I saw her eye twitch, and she took a deep breath. Putting her hands up, she closed her eyes. "Alright." 

Pitch smirked a dark smirk, and waved a hand. The black spear hovering in front of me, dissolved, dark sand falling to the floor. Y/N turned her head to me as I started trying to breath normally. 

"You ok?" she asks after a sigh. 

"Y-Yeah. Y-You can't go with him..." 

"Don't worry about me... I'll be fine." She mouthed the words of "Warn the Guardians," before she turned away. Pitch grabbed her arm, and they dissolved into the shadows.  Instantly, I ran out the front door. I turned left onto the sidewalk, bounding towards Y/N's house. I'm assuming by Guardians she meant Jack and the others. 

I pushed the limits of my lungs too get to her house quickly. Now on her porch, I pound on the door, wheezing. I bend over, putting my hands on my knees, trying to catch my breath. The door swung open, revealing a white-haired boy. Jack Frost. 

"Y/N?" He asks hopefully, and then notices me. "Oh, it's you." 

"Guardians-...Y/N-... Pitch-... help." I manage to wheeze a few words, looking up at Jack. His face fills with confusion, then worry. He leaves the door open, flying into the house. I lag behind, but still make it in. 

"Y/N's in trouble. Pitch got her." Jack yells to the others, stress fully running a hand through his hair. A tall man with a white beard and long hair stands instantly from  the couch. 

"What?" he questions with a Russian accent. Judging from all the red, he's North. 

"H-He appeared in my house, and threatened me to f-force Y/N to go with him." I say just above a whisper, attracting the attention of the others. A woman with colorful feathers and wings flew in front of me. 

"Who are you?" she asks in a high-pitched voice.

"Jake. Y/N's ex."

"Oh. Why was she with you?"

"She's been staying at my place ever since she left here." I looked at the ground. "I-I'm sorry I couldn't protect her."

"Mate, it's fine. You couldn't do anything." an Australian accent sounds from behind me, and I turn around to see a human-sized kangaroo. I jump back, startled. 

"A talking k-"

"I am NOT a kangaroo! I am a rabbit! Let's get to more pressing details, oi?" he says, annoyed. 

 "We have to go after her." Jack says, now holding a staff.

"Jack, we don't know if it's a trap. It's to dangerous right now." North says, and I hear a jingle come from a little yellow guy. He nods when everyone looks at him. 

Jack narrowed his eyes at them. "I don't care. I'm going after her." 

Before anyone could react, Jack flew out the front door and into the sky.