ONE

"There is no passion to be found playing small - in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living." -Nelson Mandela

ONE

Lyra yawns as she rests her head on her hand, wishing for Astronomy to already be over, even when the lesson was only just beginning. Her eyes flutter once more, her head following before she once more jerked awake. In hopes of staying awake, Lyra looks at the six other students who were juts as unlucky as her when it came to taking the class.

Not that it wasn't enjoyable. If it was, she knew she wouldn't have wanted to take it in her Sixth Year. She just hated the late hour that it happened each week.

One of the Slytherins close to her, pinched her arm, waking the Gryffindor that was once more about to fall asleep. A hiss escaped through her teeth, as she responded in kind and hit his arm.

"Watch it, Locket," Lyra mumbled brittlely. "Or I'll sic one of those four annoying boys on you."

He laughed slightly, clearing his throat when the attention of their Professor turned in their direction. Lyra lips curved upward as Quartz Locket straightened a little. He used a cough to cover for himself, while Lyra simply nodded at the Professor who continued to talk.

Waiting for when he turned from them, Quartz whispered finally. "Have you finally shown interest in your own housemates? I never see you around them."

Lyra couldn't help but roll her eyes as she once more put her head onto her hand. "That's because you're chasing all my 'housemates' away with your jarring looks."

"So you're blaming me? You're the one who manages to find me and then drag me around like we're such great friends."

Lyra grinned, slightly. "A Slytherin and Gryffindor, friends? Why, that idea is so out there."

"Is that so?"

Lyra casted the Slytherin boy a look, a smirk forming, though she said nothing in reply. While Lyra would not be caught with the Slytherin boy outside of Hogwarts, where she would be in her own home and he in his, she did give him a search while they were both at Hogwarts. If only to have some sort of exchange with the house that didn't get along with her own.

Her thoughts once more began to stray as she listened to their professor, sleep coming forth even more.

"Where did the word Astronomy come from?" Professor Orion asked, as he looked at everyone, as if searching for the one who wasn't paying the most attention. "Miss Cerbus."

Lyra raised her head slightly, a yawn escaping her as her name was called. Oh how, she wished that he had just asked someone else. Anyone else. Including one of the boys who weren't paying attention.

"Greek?" Unsureness laced her voice, as she couldn't remember for the life of where the word came from. Though she often had guesses that were spot on.

"Is that a question or a statement, Miss Cerbus."

She had to consider it for a moment before she answered.

"A statement, Sir. Astronomy originally came from the Greek word αστρονομία."

She was feeling much more confident about her answer, even as she felt more asleep then awake.

"Very good, Miss Cerbus," Professor Orion said. Lyra didn't miss the sharp look he sent at her. "Do try to stay awake in this class and keep any chatter for the halls."

"Of course, Professor," she mumbled. "Wouldn't dream of of sleeping during your lessons or even chattering."

Though she got no reply, she didn't miss the look that told her she shouldn't keep it up if she wanted to remain in the lesson. Lyra listened as he continued reviewing the facts that they should know by then, sending questions to the others as well, mainly to the one who didn't seem to be paying attention. As Professor Orion got onto blood-red stars and multiple star systems, Lyra once again, could barely keep her eyes open.