✾chapter twenty-nine✾

Start from the beginning

"Light get off," you heard his father say. Light turned to look at his father, who looked shocked, heartbroken and above all betrayed.

"Light," you whispered as you managed to stand up, rushing over to him and trying to pull him off L. "Please stop..."

Light stood up, looking at his feet and grabbed your waist. When he looked up a smirk was evident on his face. "That's right. For so long you've been chancing down Kira. And all along it's been me."

"Light, stop," you whispered.

"I found my queen. I'm giving the world justice. I'm giving it what you guys won't. You think your opinions matter to me? They never did. All this talk about Kira being a criminal. Disgusting," Light kissed your cheek and walked over to L who was still lay on the floor. Breathing heavily and some blood covering his face. "You disgusting little vermin," Light growled and went to kick L in the ribs again, only for a sudden shot to be fired causing Light to fall onto the ground with a sharp cry of pain and hold his leg.

"L-Light!" You screamed, you ran to him. He was lay next to L as his leg began to bleed out, he couldn't help but smile at your frame he attempt to sit up but couldn't.

"Lay on me," he whispered, smiling as he put a hand on your cheek and stroked it with his thumb. You nodded and lay on him, ever so careful not to hurt him. "You know, you're so beautiful. I was lucky to have seen you in that coffee shop that day. You could say I'm the luckiest guy in the world. And we never got to do half of the things I wanted to do together..."

"Light, stop. You're talking like you're going to die," you whispered, tears threatening to spill from your eyes.

"I am, Y/N," he whispered.

"Light you were shot in the leg, it wont kill you," you whispered, the tears started falling one by one, and every tear was swept away by Light's thumb across your cheek.

"It won't but they will Y/N," he whispered, coughing slightly. "I'll be unconscious fairly soon and when I am they'll shoot me dead."

"No I won't let them!" You cried, "they can't! I'll kill them all before that happens."

"No Y/N please, listen to me," he smiled painfully. "You need to get out of here, and soon. Get out, and get you and our baby to safety."

"B-Baby?" You asked. Was that a metaphor for the Death Note? Surely not.

"Ry-Ryuk told me, that you're pregnant," he whispered. His eyes began to close, and that same smile spread across his face as he continued to stroke your cheek. You couldn't talk about that right now. Surely you'd know, maybe it's because he was...dying?

"Light don't close your eyes please," you croaked out, your tears falling more violently than you've ever recalled in your life. "I love you."

"I love you too Y/N, so much," he whispered. He pulled you down with his free hand, eyes closed and began to kiss you so passionately it felt like the first time all over again. "Don't forget about me. And i regret not making you my wife sooner than all this happened. I love you."

You cried and rested your forehead against his. He'd stopped breathing altogether. "Light?" You whispered, knowing there would be no answer. "Light?" you shouted, a lot louder, causing everyone to jump in surprise. "Wake up damnit! It wasn't meant to end like this! It was never meant to end like this!" You wanted to shake him, wake him up. But you knew that there was nothing you could do that would bring your God back, you felt helpless and you lay there, head now on his chest. Knowing you'd never see him smile again, hear his voice, have him hold you. He was gone, and there was no way he could ever come back .

"Y/N..." a crooked voice came from behind you, a hand placed on your shoulder. You jumped and saw L staring down at you with the same eyes he always had.

"Don't touch me," you whispered, yanking your shoulder away from his touch. Only for him to place his hand back on your shoulder did you take a poor swing for him, only to fall into his arms and sob uncontrollably.

"It's okay," he whispered as he stroked your hair soothingly. "You're okay now. You're safe."

"I'll kill you," you growled through tears. "I will rip you to shreds and make you suffer. Every last bit of you brain will be telling you should have stayed away from me. I will kill you."

You couldn't do it yet. Sadness overcome anger for the time being. And there was nothing you could do but be held and soothed by the man who ruined your life. Who ruined your happiness.

~ 4 months later ~

You sat in your artificial home provided to you by L. You'd been told his real name was L Lawliet, something so simple. Your hatred for him grew everyday, but your pregnant form didn't have the strength to kill him.Bound by him to marriage there was no escape, nothing for you to do. Nowhere for you to go. You were hardly allowed out the house and never on your own.

"Hey," he whispered as he awkwardly sat down next to you. "I love you..."

Silence.

"Y/N please. How am I supposed to be a good husband if you don't let me help you?" Lawliet said to you with a frown.

"I don't want you to be my husband.I don't want to be your wife," you whispered. You'd given up 4 months ago, when he left you all alone in the world. "I don't care for you. I don't love you. When I have this baby, I'm going to kill you."

How many times had you said you were going to kill him? Too many to count. Had you not done it because deep down you felt something for him, somewhere? Regardless, you'd lost the loveof your life.And there was no coming back from that.

Well... L's ending is done!
Dusted.
Gone.
L.
Finished.
Need to add to Light's ending as its so much smaller than this, but obviously I think (even though it's the big ending to this story) it's going to have the smallest ending, but we'll see.
I might be able to add to it!
I hope this didn't give you the feels too much, wait who am I kidding of course i DO!
I hope you liked L's ending.
Tune in soon for Light's ending, the ACTUAL ENDING TO THE BOOK
THANK YOU GUYS I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH OMG
-KX