10: Till Tonight Do Us Part

Start from the beginning

"I do, I do, Pete." I confirmed, letting him have this one, because despite the stubborn heart we'd grown to share, it was probably best to always just let Pete win, because he was fucking Pete Wentz and I didn't want a taste of his idea of revenge at all.

"So can we just talk about this, like civilised guys? Instead of just running off into some godforsaken woodland leaving me trailing after you, and god Pete, you know I can't fucking run!" I ranted to him, mock panting a little to accentuate my point unnecessarily, yet of course it was just a requirement around Pete Wentz – our whole relationship being of course entirely unnecessary at a first glance, yet really it was the backbone of the both of us.

"Fatass." He smirked to himself, far too proud of the mediocre insult he'd just pulled out of his ass on a whim.

"If you say so - you fucked me though, multiple times." I reminded him, not like he'd ever forget - seeing as he was Pete, and these were probably something like his most treasured memories or something just equally as creepy. Somehow Pete made creepy work, and I still needed to beg him for those trade secrets.

"So did you." He reminded me, even though they were of course treasured memories, along with the reminder that I was in fact nothing short of the world's biggest hypocrite.

"Yes, well done, it does appear you have a brain." My words reeked of unwelcomed sarcasm and he made no hesitation in raising his eyebrows as if they were built automatically onto some sort of mechanism.

"Harsh."

I shrugged it off, unfazed by his observation regarding my slightly controversial opinion regarding Pete's grey matter and well, his lack of it, actually. "Are we going to talk about this then?" He looked at me blankly, confused or maybe just ignorant, not quite wanting me to be talking about what I had to be talking about - the only words on my lips.

He remained looking blankly at me though, and it was kind of unnerving so I ended up elaborating; the elaboration took place in its simplest form, with two little words that shattered both our worlds and our relationship pretty much in two. "Your operation."

"No, we're not going to talk about it, because I'm not going to have it!" He screamed out his response like he’d planned it, and honestly I wouldn't even be all that surprised if he had.

"Why the fuck not, Pete?" I just didn't get it all; it was almost like he wanted to die, and I just couldn't have that - things wouldn't go like that... I wouldn't let them, in fact, I just wouldn't fucking let them.

"What happened to 'civilised', Mikes?" he rolled his eyes at me, walking off and sitting underneath a nearby tree. I made no hesitation regarding the matter of joining him, much to his annoyance but in my head it was most definitely for the best.

"Your stupidity was what happened to civilised." I drew out a gasp of breath as I let the situation lap over me like cool ocean waves, except this matter was in no way cool or calming, and in fact it was very much to the contrary. "This is your best chance of survival, Pete." I met his gaze, trying to convince him that I was in fact the one making the most sense here. He didn't seem to get it though.

"Yet I could die instantly in the operation, and there's quite a good chance of that." He glared at me, biting down furiously on his bottom lip in either a badly hidden display of nerves or a bucket load of pent up anger - I couldn't differentiate between the two with someone like Pete Wentz.

"There's a one in three chance you could die in the operation and there's a seventy percent chance you'll die otherwise." I met his gaze with the best stern glare I could muster, knowing that the statistics were probably growing even less in his favour by the second; every second he did nothing about it and every second I did nothing about the aforementioned fact. "Look at the odds, Pete."