Chapter 18. Thanksgiving At Mom's

Annie's POV

A few days later, Thanksgiving came, which meant our two new families had to get together today.

I was a little excited because everyone I loved would be there, but it might be a little awkward.

Once I was out of bed, I had Hayley help me downstairs.

"Good morning, Annie." Skylar and Dad greeted from the kitchen.

"Good morning." I greeted back as Hayley helped me to the couch. I turned on the TV to see the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade starting.

"Hayley! The parade!" I shouted.

Hayley ran over and plopped down on the couch next to me as the parade began.

"Here's breakfast, girls." Skylar announced as she placed two plates of eggs and toast in front of us.

We thanked her and ate our breakfast while watching the parade, enjoying our time together.

•••

When it was four o' clock, I was told to get ready for dinner, since we were all going over to Mom's.

I decided to wear a red dress I had in my closet along with black flats.

Then I tied part of my hair in a bun and let the rest cascade down my shoulders

Then I tied part of my hair in a bun and let the rest cascade down my shoulders. I put on my makeup and then had help going downstairs again.

"Hayley, you look great." I said as she sat next to me in the car.

Hayley grinned. "Thanks, you too!" Hayley was wearing a beautiful dark blue dress with white wedges, and she had her hair straightened by Skylar earlier.

 "Thanks, you too!" Hayley was wearing a beautiful dark blue dress with white wedges, and she had her hair straightened by Skylar earlier

About a half hour later, we reached Mom's house. Hayley helped me out of the car and rang the doorbell.

Hayden opened it and smiled at us. "Hey, come on in."

"Well, it's technically my house, so you didn't have to say 'come on in'." I pointed out.

Hayden stuck his tongue out at me. "Mere technicalities."