3: You Are The Dreamer And We Are The Dream

Start from the beginning

Pete was just very questionable- well, odd, well... just Pete, really, Pete was odd, that was taken for granted, but Pete was irreplaceable; who else could I have a phone call conversation about dildos with at three am? Exactly!

"I hope he isn't!" Frank butted in, winking at me and I laughed, until I noticed Gerard's devil eyes from beneath his unwashed matt of black hair - something had occurred between him and Frank - that was for certain. And I'm sure this something would kick off the exact second a certain Ryan Ross left the room.

Frank and Gerard hadn't argued once in the few years they'd known one another, so for something like this to be that relevant, it really had to be something important, that was for sure.

"Yeah, I'm not - don't worry." Okay, maybe he isn't quite so reminiscent of Pete. "It's just with me being Frank's boyfriend-" I nearly spit out my internal organs as I did a double take, Gerard and I's eyes meeting as I suddenly got everything.

A wave of guilt washed over me as I realised I'd be leading Gerard on, when Frank already has this English student with better eyeliner than him and personal hygiene, and the apparent need to pretend he's Californian with every word that leaves his mouth.

I suddenly realised that Ryan had in fact stopped talking and was now watching my reaction, and by the way my eyes bulged out into Gerard's general direction, he'd probably gotten the wrong idea entirely. "That is okay, isn't it?" His words came out with a little slither of poison, and my eyes darted in Frank's direction for help, however the chestnut haired boy was in fact looking in Gerard's direction, his eyes loaded with an equal amount of poison. This was not the best of situations, and quite clearly at that.

"Yeah, of course it is." I met him with a sincere gaze, to show him that ironically, I was in fact the opposite of homophobic. "It's fine - great, actually." I didn't quite manage the word 'great' without gulping at the amount of guilt regarding Gerard and just how much I'd pressured him, only for things to turn out like this.

Fuck, Gerard's soul was probably shattering at this very moment in time and that was not something I wanted to imagine, or even remember that I had caused, because despite what I think I can trick myself into thinking, it was my fault, well and truly my fault- well, not all of it, there was some blame to be placed on Frank and Ryan, but you couldn't really hate them for falling in love, even if it wasn't 'right' by Gerard's terms.

"Yeah..." I found myself being met by the untrusting gaze of Ryan Ross. His eyes seemed to follow me like trackers, noticing my every moment and noting it down instantly - it was unnerving to say the least.

"Oh fuck off, Ryan! He doesn't give a shit about your little gay butt-fucking relationship - none of us do. Just take your great big ego and get the fuck out of my house!" Gerard had snapped.

Gerard had well and truly snapped, and maybe this time, I didn't entirely blame him, because maybe, I too, wanted an overly pretentious, eyeliner wearing little twat out of my kitchen just as much as he did. I just wasn't quite so direct about it. Manners were what it was; what Gerard was lacking.

Frank just stood there dumbstruck, grabbing onto Ryan's hand simply to prevent him from lashing out on Gerard. I didn't blame Frank either, because I couldn't imagine that he'd ever seen Gerard in a state like this before, and I bet that his little Ryan filled head couldn't quite imagine as to what the hell could possibly have caused it.

Frank was far too innocent for his own good sometimes, and actually in the best of times, it was rather cute, and I think that's what Gerard liked, knowing that Frank was sweet and innocent and worth staying good for, worth putting the needles and the pills down for. Frank had kept Gerard strong, that was for sure. I was just terrified as to how Gerard would end up after what was inevitably about to occur