Chapter 2❄Test x After x Test❄

I do NOT own Hunter X Hunter! that honour goes to:
1999:
Directed by Satoshi Saga (1-8)
Yukihiro Matsushita (9-16)
Makoto Sato (17-30)
Written by Nobuaki Kishima

2011:
Directed by Kazuhiro Furuhashi
Written by Nobuaki Kishima

I only own Mitsuki and nothing else!
❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄

Mitsuki's POV

We finally made it to Dolle Harbard, and like the last time I was here, the island was the shape of a crescent moon. The captain told Gon that he should head to the cedar tree on the hilltop for a shortcut to the exam site. I was standing next to Gon since I wanted to thank the captain as well.

'The tree's in the opposite direction to Zaban City, but I saw no lies in his eyes when he gave Gon his advice... Maybe there's an underground shortcut there or something...' I think as I make my was to the cedar tree, Gon skips ahead of me and Kurapika's walking next to me. After a minute or two, Leorio comes running after us. 'Guess he decided not to trust the bus.'

Kurapika's POV

'Gon's behaviour interests me but Mitsuki's also interests me. She didn't say a word, just started walking towards the tree... Does she know something?' I think to myself as we walk through what seems like an empty town.

People with masks in white cloaks come out of nowhere, pulling a lady sitting on a mobile wooden judge table, and blocked our way.

"Exciting... exciting.... Exciting two-choice quiz!" the old woman shouts and some of the masked people start playing music.

We all had a look on our faces that said 'what... da..... hell...?', except Mitsuki who just has an emotionless look.

"You four are headed for the tree on the hill, correct?" the old woman asks rhetorically. "To reach that tree, you must pass through this town. I shall administer a single-question quiz."

"H-hold on, what's going on here?" Leorio interrupts. "You'll have five seconds to state your answer." The woman continues, ignoring Leorio. "Give the wrong answer, and you'll be disqualified. You'll have to give up on taking this year's Hunter Exam."

"I see," I voice, "then this is part of the Hunter Exam."

That guy who's been trailing us walks over an into view point. "Who are you?" Leorio asks. "He followed us here, all the way from port." Gon answers.

Mitsuki's POV

The man, who's name I could care less about, took the quiz first. The question was: 'if your mother and lover were taken hostage, and you could only save one of them, who would you save? Say 1 for your mother, 2 for your lover.'

The question threw us all off but the man went with 1: he'd save his mother and he said 'you could always find another lover'. The old woman said he could pass and the man continued on.

Leorio got really pissed about what just happened but the other two got him to calm down a bit. As we waited for our question I heard a scream from the direction that man ran off in.

I looked to Gon, Kurapika and Leorio. 'Seems like Gon and Kurapika heard it too. Leorio's still pissed so he probably didn't notice.' I thought as we waited.

"Here is your question:" the old woman began, "if your son and daughter were both captured, and you could only save one of them, who would you save? 1: your son, 2: your daughter."

Leorio was about to shout something but I stomped on his foot with the heel of my osmium toed/heeled combat boots. "Ow...." he hissed. "Why the heck is your shoe made of? Steel?" I let out a small sigh. "No. The heels and toes of my boots are made of Osmium."

The other two seem to have figured out the true answer to the quiz and we all stayed silent. The five second time limit was up and the old woman spoke. "You all passed. You answered correctly."

"W-what?...." Leorio asked. "She said that we could answer 1 or 2, but there was a 3rd option: silence. The questions she asked never had a true answer." Kurapika clarified. "But what about that guy who went before us? She let him pass! Plus, she never said there was a 3rd answer." Leorio counters. "She never said he got the right answer. She merely said he passed. She also never said there wasn't a 3rd option." I state in a bored tone. "A Hunter must see and think outside the box."

And with that we start our way down a hidden path towards the cedar tree. Gon's been thinking about the question we were given the whole time we were walking. Leorio complained about being tired and his feet hurting. Kurapika just kept walking and I stayed silent.

When we finally found the cabin where the navigators live we heard a scream followed by a crash. The four of us ran in to find a man on the ground and a woman being carried away by a magical beast; a Kiriko.

We ran over to the man on the ground. "Please! You have to save my wife!" he pleads. 'The look in his eyes... he's lying...'

Time SkipKurapika's POV

So the whole magical beast kidnapped my wife thing was a set up and Gon as well as Mitsuki are able to tell the difference between the Kiriko parents but me and Leorio can't see or hear anything different.

"Kurapika-dono, you demonstrated vast knowledge and sharp intuition that any Hunter needs. You were able to indicate and recognize the tribal markings I had the markings of a woman who has decided not to wed anyone. You pass." The daughter smiles.

"Leorio-dono, even though you couldn't tell that the wounds you were treating were fake, but you did bandage me up faster then any ordinary doctor could also, you were able to tell that the beast that attacked you was me, just from a faint needle mark. You also kept me thinking positively and reassured me every minute. You have the kind heart of a true doctor or Hunter. You pass." The son states.

"Mitsuki-dono, you were able to tell that everything was a set up from taking a glance at our eyes, on top of that you were able to tell the difference between the two of us. You showed the ability to make quick and accurate judgments along with well thought out strategies. You have the potential to becoming a strong Huntress. You also pass." the mother Kiriko, I presume, acknowledged.
Mitsuki simply shrugs. "Telling the two of you apart is much easier then when I had to count grains of sand in a dark cave while counting how many different bat screeches are made for 3 months."

"Last but not least, Gon-dono, you demonstrated the physical strength, speed, and guts a Hunter possesses. Your sharp eyes and hearing allowed you to also be able to tell the difference between us. You pass as well." The father Kiriko smiles.

We were about to take off when we realized something, who's going to carry Mitsuki?! The two children need to carry Leorio and the parents are carrying me as well as Gon.

"Can she ride on your back or something?" Gon asks. "It's fine. I could've gone to Zaban City alone but I needed the directions to where the first phase would take place." Mitsuki says before placing two fingers in her mouth and letting out a loud whistle. A pale blue dragon-like creature with black flame like designs on the wings and body comes flying down and lands in front of Mitsuki.

Mitsuki climbs onto the dragon's back. "This is Yuki-Onna. She's a shadow ice dragon, she's my partner." Mitsuki informed, answering everyone's unasked question. "Wow! that's so cool!" Gon shouts.

Once a few more questions were answered we took off. Flying threw the night to the first official exam site.

'I wonder where she got Yuki-Onna...'

Gon's POV

'Mitsuki-chan's dragon, Yuki-Onna, is so cool! I've never seen anything like that back on Whale Island.'

Leorio's POV

'What is up with these kids!? It's one surprise after another with them!'