Chapter 17 ❄Home X Town X Past❄

❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄

Kurapika's POV

I am now sitting in an cabin near the village that Mitsuki told me and Leorio to go to if we were near Yorknew City. It was strange when I said the lines she had told me to say; the villagers' reactions were shocking in a sense.

~Flashback~

"Excuse me, but can you tell me where do the demon lives?" I asked an elderly old man.

The man stared at me with wide eyes and as I looked around, so was everyone in the village.

"Are you here to burn down that wretched place, boy? Are you a Hunter that is finally heeding our request?" The old man asked.

"Uh... sure...? I was just curious of the place." I spoke before thinking.

A man with purple eyes and berry coloured hair. "Over the hills that way. There's a cabin you can use near the demon's home." He pointed to the hills and I turned around to see where he was pointing to.

I nodded and thanked the buff man before making my travel to beyond the hills.

Once I arrived, I was in shock. A burned down shrine was next to a home that looked like it would fall down with a sigh from the big bad wolf.

Broken windows, painted on words that spelled 'demons', 'go away', 'die', 'cursed child' and such.

I could see pebbles and rocks that dented the wooden walls scattered on the ground, some rocks even had a bit of old dried blood.

A voice spoke behind me.

"So you're here to take away the 'demon's' life?" I turned to see a girl with blue hair. Her eyes were a berry purple colour and she was covered in cuts and bruises.

"No... but does someone live here?"

She looked down with her eyes. "A family that owned the burned down shrine once did. Four out of the five siblings lived in this house left months ago. The La siblings."

~End of Flashback~

The blue haired girl walked back in from the kitchen and handed me a cup of tea. "Forgive me if it's not to your liking, I almost never get visitors here so I only have the type of tea I like. My taste in tea is strange so don't force yourself to drink if you don't like it." Her voice was soft and quivered less then it did before.

I thanked her for the tea and took a sip. The strange blend of rose, lavender and ginger danced throughout my taste buds. It was a strange taste, but surprisingly calming.

I placed down my cup on the table and looked her straight in the eye. "I never got your name, mine is Kurapika." I said.

She fidgeted before answering. "I am named Dawn..." She said in a shy but in a old and formal way of speaking.

"Can I ask you where you got those bruises?"

She stiffened. "............no where...." She whispered but from her shaking I could tell she just told a lie.

Deciding not to pry I changed the topic to a more serious matter. "Who were the La siblings you were referring to earlier?"

"They lived in that house and were the owners of the shrine that once stood tall. The purpose of the shrine maidens was to keep a powerful evil from breaking its seals and wreaking chaos upon this world."

She began to go into further details of what happened in this village years ago, why the shrine burned down and why the family is currently MIA from this village. What I heard about the villagers' actions sickened me.

"Why are you trusting me with all this information?" I asked when she finished explaining.

She seemed nervous. "Forgive me but I have the power to read minds. I had went through your thoughts and memories slightly to learn your intentions. It seems you are a companion of a close friend of mine so I felt trust towards you." She bowed deeply and apologized again.

I sighed, from the amount of bruises and scares on her body, the way she was shaking I could tell that her actions were a defence procedure. Then it hit me, the reason she stiffened earlier. "You're... a runway slave, aren't you?"

Mitsuki's POV

Standing in front of my are Gon and Killua, staring at me as my two little sisters clung to my arms, on on each side of me, with Izumo protectively glaring at them from behind me, his arms were looped around my shoulders and he was resting his chin on my right shoulder.

"Um guys... these are my younger siblings: Izumo La, Fumi and Fuya La..." I introduced awkwardly. "That's my friend Gon Freecs and my boyfriend, Killua Zoldyck."

Their grips on my body tightened. "Boyfriend...?" They all mumbled out lowly, a dark aura seeping from them as they combined their glares.

Gon squeaked and hid behind Killua as said boy laughed nervously. "eh-hehehe... Hi...?" I was squeezed even tighter.

"Hurt Mitsuki-Nee and we will see to it that you're more then just 6 feet underground." They warned and I sighed in defeat. 'So damn protective... I'm starting to forget which of us is the older one now...'

Killua saluted. "Hai!"

❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄

Hai! = Yes!

There's an image of Dawn above^^