"No! No! No! Sonic, you can't go, we need to fix this. And don't make stupid wishes on Wish Machine, it's still being tested and-"

Sonic wasn't even paying attention to his buddy. He was frowning as he realized the machine was still unplugged. "I'll pick some up for her on the way there." He thought over Tails' yapping.

"-now come over here so I can start fixing this mess."

Sonic didn't listen and ran directly pass Tails and out the door.

Tails' eye twitched as Knuckles waved goodbye. "Why didn't you stop him?" He shouted angrily. "Should I have? He said he was going to hang out with Amy." Knuckles scratched his head in confusion.

"Yes! He's not himself! Were you not just listening to what happened?" Tails shouted and threw his hands in the air.

"Uhh... I was eating?" Knuckles shrugged.

"We need to figure out the best wish to fix him... or an anti-wish machine, that can accurately remove wishes." Tails scratched his head as he thought.

"Just wish for Sonic to go back to normal."

"The machine could take away his speed if we did that, then it could also take away any personality traits it deemed un-normal."

"Wish for Sonic not to love Amy anymore."

"It could make him hate her with a passion, and Sonic certainly doesn't hate Amy."

"Uhh... make Amy wish to undue her wish."

"No, that wouldn't-" Tails paused and looked up at Knuckles. "That one... might actually work. We have to find Sonic, pronto!" Tails demanded.

"He probably went to Amy's right? It shouldn't be that hard to find him." Knuckles concluded. "I hope you're right, Knuckles." Tails said and he flew out of his shop and headed towards Amy's.

•Meanwhile with Sonic

"Amy..."

Upon seeing her face, he felt his knees grow weak. He felt odd sensations running through his body, all telling him to kiss her. Then he caught sight of her jade eyes. Those lovely pools of green that he felt like he could run in for centuries.

"Uhh... hello? Sonic?" Amy's voiced coaxed him out of his trance. "Oh! Uhm... Amy... I just thought that..." Sonic's mouth couldn't work, unnecessary pauses kept coming up. He felt the inside of his mouth turning hot, and he swore he was sweating like a pig.  

"Are you okay?" Amy questioned him. "Me? Yeah, I'm c-completely fine." Sonic shifted his weight uncomfortably.

Sonic took a deep breath. "Would you like to go out together?"

Amy looked surprised at his words. That's when he realized she could take that request many ways. "L-Like out to eat or walk or shop... or stuff like that." He felt so young, like how a teenager would act. He wasn't exactly the most mature out of the group, but he was still twenty. It made him feel strange to be reminded of his much younger self and how he had barely changed. "She's going to say no. No one wants to go out with someone as immature as I am."