Chapter 12

APRIL’S *POV*

 Why is he holding my hand? I know that he doesn’t like me but still why? He gives me a smile and blushes before he pulls his hand away. After sitting there in complete silence for a few minutes I decide to change my clothes because the dress is too uncomfortable. I clear my throat and say;

-I’m going go and change. Would you like a blanket and a pillow? And we can order something if you want it’s only 9 p.m.

-Yeah, sure. We can order when you get back and by the way, can we just sit and talk? I don’t really want to sleep.

-Are we going to talk til morning?

-Well, what else do you want to do? I’m sorry that didn’t come out right.

 He starts laughing and I shake my head while laughing. I go upstairs and decide to sleep on the other couch tonight. I pick up two blankets and two pillows. I put on my sweatpants and go to the bathroom to brush my teeth.

CAMERON’S *POV*

 While she’s upstairs I take off the extreamly uncomfortable jeans and hope that she won’t mind. I start looking around and it starts to get really hot in here so I take off my shirt as well. This is going to be really weird. While I’m looking at the bookshelf I see a picture of April. I can tell that she’s around age 7 maybe and there’s a little boy next to her maybe a few years older. Does she have a brother? I start looking at the other pictures and I see one with her,Keri and that guy Jeremy. But they’re maybe at 6th grade in that picture. I hear her footsteps and she says;

-Hey I decided to sleep in the living… Where… Where are your clothes?

-Oh, I sleep like this in my house as well but if you mind it I can put them on.

-No… No, it’s alright.

-Hey can I ask you something?

-Yeah?

-Who’s that boy in the picture?

 She picks up the frame and stares at it. She smiles while she’s lookin at the picture and I can see that her eyes getting watery. She quickly swipes away the tears and looks at me with a smile;

-Why do you wanna know who he is?

-You just seem so happy in this photo. Look at your smile, you look like you might rip the side of your mouth. You look happy together.

-He’s my brother. We were so close to eachother. He would always protect me and we would always spend time together. He would always make me laugh. I even remember this day. It was my 7th birthday and he was 12. We were just playing around and we made eachother bracelets to show people that we would always stick with eachother. But that wasn’t the case.

-You’re not that close anymore?

-He died. When I was in 7th grade he joined the navy and after his first year, in a mission they were all at the land but one soldier was still on the ship. So he went to get him but… they were there before. The ones on the land said that they saw two bodys being thrown to the see. 2 months after the mission they found his body. I just hate myself because when he joined the navy we weren’t that close anymore. When he started highschool he had new friends but he still cared for me but when I saw him with his new friends I pushed him away. I thought he was happier with them than he was with me. And when I started highschool I thought that I’d understand him and we’ll be close again but when the soldier came knocking on our door to tell about my brother, it was 2 days away from my gradiation. He never saw me at highschool, I waited with this stupid though! I hate myself everyday because of it. I can’t make him come back. I’m sorry I’m overwhelming you with all of this.

 She swipes her tears and startes crying even more. I just say ‘’Please don’t,’’ and hug her. She starts crying even harder and I feel a tear oming out of my eye. Why am I crying? I just can bear to see her cry. He sniffs her nose and pulls herself away and I realize that I didn’t want her to pull away. She looks at me and smiles. I wipe her tears with my thumb and hold her face. My face comes closer to her and we’re about an inch away from kissing but I turn my head away.

APRIL’S *POV*

 Why did he turn his face? He was the one who hold my face and came closer. But I just clear my throat and say;

-So… What do you want to order?

-Pizza maybe?

-Yeah sure. Just make yourself feel at home.

 He glances at me with a smile and I call the pizza place. They say that the food will be here in 15 to 20 minutes. I sit on the couch that I’ll be sleeping and he sits on his. We just sat there awkwardly, watching TV til the food arrived. When we took our first bites he said;

-Why didn’t you tell me? I mean, I thought that you were on my side you know?

-I… I wanted to tell you everything but the was always on my back and I was going to tell you few days ago but you told me that you loved her so I couldn’t do that to you. I knew you would be heartbroken and I didn’t want to be the one who broke it. I’m truly sorry, Cameron. I promise you, no more secrets.

-It’s fine really. I guess it’s better that I found it out myself because I think I would get mad at you if you told me that she was cheating on me. Well, on the bright side, there are no more secrets in my life.

 I give him a big smile and blushes. We finish our food and he helps me clean up. This is really nice but I know that this is not going to last. They will get back together and it will be worse. We sit on the floor and make up a game. It’s like truth or dare but there are no dares. So you ask the person a question and they have to answer with all honesty. When I tell him about the game I comes, sits next to me and tells me to ask first. I say;

-Who was your biggest crush? But you have to be kind of friendzoned with the girl you know?

-Uhm… I got it! It was the girl named Katherine. I had a crush on her for 3 years and it wasn’t a normal crush you know? I used to wait on her street to see her come out the house and she told me to stay away because I was a stalker.

-Oh my.. Hahahah. So ask me a question then.

-Who was your crush when you were in 9th grade?

-You know that guy Dave? He was in 11th grade but I was just obsessed with him. It’s kind of weird and embarresing when I say it out loud! I have to get my revenge! Well you started dating Keri in the summer of 10th grade so who was your crush in 9th grade?

-I’m not going to say it! It’s too weird!

-Well, come on! First of all I told you mine and second of all I’m not going to tell anyone!

-Alright! Are you ready for the big secret? But you can’t tell anyone.

-Yeah I won’t! Come on!