Chapter 7

When I wake up I see Keri sitting on the chair next to my bed, with her phone in her hand. When she heard me wake up she slowly put her phone away and;

-Hey, little miss sunshine!

-What are you doing in my room?

-I came here to talk to you, silly!

 She stands up closes the door and suddenly her cheery voice goes away. She sits on my bed and;

-So you are after Cameron now?

-What? Of course not he is your boyfriend.

-Oh, come on April! I see the way you look at him and he looks at you the same way, too. The way he pulled off his arm when he saw you, the way he acts around you and the way you act around him, you guys seriously got something going on. So why don’t you just cut the shit and tell me what you guys have done?

-This is bullshit Keri, and you know it. I don’t like him and he doesn’t like me. I don’t know why he pulled off his arm or how he acts! And you even know that I’m going to the party with Chris! After he punched him like that why would I like him?

-Because their fight was about you! You know it right? Yeah , I can tell by the way you’re blushing. Well, news flash bitch, he is mine, and he will always be mine. You get that into your head or you’re dead. I don’t care if you like him or not. He doesn’t like you, he can’t like you. You will never be together. Aw, don’t you get upset now I’m sure you and Chris will be and awesome couple.

-Get the fuck out of my house Keri!

-Hey, maybe we can go on double dates, huh? Well, bestie, see you at school!

 She says the last sentence in that fake cheery voice and slams the door shut. Right after she leaves I begin crying and I cry non-stop for 15 minutes til I feel like I’m going to pass out. I take a shower and but on a bit of concealer so the people won’t figure out that I’ve cried. I put on black jean shorts and a tshirt. I go downstairs and my mom greets me with a smile and puts pancakes on my plate. I eat them so quick that I almost choke. I put on my shoes go into my car and go as fast as I can.

 When I arrive at school I see cameron making his way towards me. But I act like I didn’t see him. And I hear him shout my name. But I just put on my headphones and try not to cry. I feel someone’s hand on my shooulder and I take a deep breath. I turn around and see Keri. I take a step back but she starts talking;

-Hey I’m sorry for being such a bitch today. Although I meant all of those I shouldn’t have said them like that. He is still my boyfriend but you and I go way back. We have eachothers secrets, right bestie?

 I nod and she air-kisses me and gives me a fake smile. I hate her so fucking much. She only came to apoligize so that I won’t tell Cameron about Colin. I wanna tell him so much, but I won’t. I won’t be a bitch like her. I’m not going to ruin it. She may not be affected but I know that it will break Cameron. Whenever I think of telling him, the image of him crying pops in my head. I just shake it off and don’t tell. This cyle is going to last forever. I wonder what will happen in the end?

 The bell rings and I walk to my Biology class which happens to be one of my classes with Cameron. I walk into the lab and ı see Cameron sitting by himself. When he sees me he shouts;

-Hey April, I saved you a seat so can be my partner today.

 I look around to find someone else to sit but everyone has a partner already. I slowly sit next to him and put my bag down. I see the profeesor go in and let out a deep breath.  The lesson goes extreamly slow and it kills me because Cameron tries to talk to me but I ignore him. When the bell rings I almost run out of the class. I go into the girls bathroom and see Leah there fixing her makeup. Leah usually did makeup but she never overdone it. She was really pretty with a very little makeup. When she saw me she smiled and gave me a warm hug. I thought to myself she might be the only friend that has been a really there for me. She was always so caring unlike Keri. I remember when we were in the 8th grade, Keri pushed an innocent boy just because he was in the maths club and had a crush on her. We were all there and Leah quickly ran over and helped him get up. Everyone mocked for 1 year just because she helped him. But she did’t mind in fact they became really good friends and in the summer he became really hot. Keri tried to get with him but he ignored her. This was one of the many reasons I liked Leah. She makes a small talk and gets out of the bathroom. I just fix my hair and get out.

 When it’s finally lunch time I quickly get into the line and I see Chris sitting and waving at me. I smile and sit next to him. And then the others come. I try not to make eye contact with Cameron but he looks a bit irritaded. When I stand up to go Cameron tries to get up too but Keri holds his arm. And he snaps his head to her. I pretend like I didn’t see it and move on.

 I go ten times faster in the halls and don’t draw attention. When the final bell rings I pack up and get out. I walk to my car and I open my bag for my keys. I can’t find them. I find them and as I try to open the door I feel someones hand on my shoulder. I already know who it is. He says;

-We need to talk, April.