Chapter 3

November 25th, I boarded the train

November 25th, I boarded the train. My mind is out of hand, part of it is anticipation, another part of it is hesitation. I don't know this girl. I am assuming she's a girl because of her fluid handwriting so she must be a girl. But then again I could be wrong because he might be into calligraphy. Either way I can't stop my heart from pounding. This might be the find of the ages!

To get mind off the meeting, I read a book, John by Cynthia Lennon. You might guess I am a Beatle fan? Well I am. I'm an avid fan actually but not to the point that I can answer all that quizzy questions some fans love answering. In the world of laptops and cellphones I still have books that's how old school I am.

I arrived in London at around 10:30, plenty of time to spare. So I decided for a walk. I could be at my destination at about 1 hour just by walking, as cabs here are stiff in price, plus, walking gives me a good view of London. I passed up the beautiful fountains of Granary Square. I saw some kids playing around the waters. If only I had more time I'd stop by, but no, there are more important things to attend to.

I also happened to pass by the Egg Nightclub, located at 200 York Way, it home famous raves parties. Its a raucous London night spot where everybody get their egg-stacy. Get the pun? Saw Dartmouth park, St. Joseph's church and got into my destination.

I arrived sweating at the High Tea at the Highgate after an hour and 20 minutes walking. Just in time. To refresh myself I ordered a cup of tea, British Breakfast and a bit of Lemon Drizzle cake. Loved it. They do serve some fine tea right here. I looked at my watch and its past 12 already. Fuck! This man or woman is late!

I was at this state when my phone suddenly rang.

"Hello?"I said.

"Hi!" It is a girl.

"Who is this?"

"I am the one who wrote to you. Can you step outside?"

"How did you know my number? And why can't you meet me here? Isn't this the place where we are supposed to meet?"

"Just step outside and I will tell you why".

So I paid my bill and hurriedly went outside. I talked to her again, "where are you?"

Somebody rammed a gun grip at the back of my head. Everything went black.