Chapter 10 - The Fight

Seeing Dominic on the news only disgusted me more. What other secrets had he been keeping from me?

"Mommy." Morgan called, rubbing her eyes and entering my bedroom.

I quickly cut the television off and turned to her. "Yes, Morgan?"

"Can we visit Nana and Grandpa?"

A lump formed in my throat as I stared down at her small body. I didn't get along with them, but I couldn't stop my children from visiting, due to my feelings. "Yes, I'll take you Friday."

She smiled before skipping out of the door.

The doorbell sounded, as I rose from the mattress. Morgan ran down the hall, attempting to reach the door before me. "Morgan, don't open the-" I called to late, as she stood there watching the person.

"Who are you?" She frowned, placing her hand on her hip.

"Morgan!" I pulled her aside. "Robin, what are you doing here?"

"We're supposed to be studying today, remember?"

I held the top of my head, squeezing my eyes shut. "I'm sorry, I forgot."

"If this is a bad time, I can come by another day."

"No, it's fine. Come on in."

I stepped aside, allowing her to enter before closing the door.

"How do you know my Mommy, lady?"

"Your mom is in my class."

"She's your classmate?"

"Yes, she's my classmate."

"Oh, John is my classmate, but I don't like him because he picks his nose too much. Do you pick your nose too much, like John?"

"Morgan, go to your room!"

She sighed before pouting. "Bye-bye Ms.Classmate."

"Goodbye, Morgan." Robin laughed before shaking her head.

We sat at the edge of my bed, reviewing our previous chapters and looking over notes from the lecture. Since Kimmer was sleeping, I couldn't leave her in my room alone.

"Are you okay, Arianna?"

"Yeah, I'm fine. Are you?"

"Yes, it's just that you've been daydreaming fifteen minutes now."

"Oh, I'm sorry. I just have a lot on my mind."

Placing the book aside, I covered my face with my hands and exhaled deeply.

"Do you want to talk about it?"

I turned my face in her direction. Robin and I had been study partners for a few weeks, but I didn't know her well enough to discuss any personal problems. "I'm fine, nothing big."

"Are you sure? You seem really down."

I could feel my chest heaving as tears began to build and blur my vision.

"It's okay, Arianna." Robin spoke softly, moving closer to me and giving me a hug. She rocked me side to side while I continued to cry silently. I hadn't said a word, but it seemed like she understood everything. "Whatever it is, I'm sure it's going to get better, okay?"

I glanced up at her, nodding my head before she pressed her lips against mine. Jumping away, I rose from the bed and swiped my hands over my face. "I'm not a lesbian, Robin!"