Thirty eight

~Taehyung's Pov~

I set down my bottle of beer and I told Jimin I had to step out of the room for a second. I was at a small party at Mark's house since Jaebum had invited me and told me to bring Jimin along when I came. I answered the phone and I headed towards the bathroom with the phone pressed against my ear. The other line was silent and I felt weird for a few seconds.

"Hey Kookie," I said and I closed the bathroom door. I heard silence from the other end and I turned slightly to face the mirror. "Jungkook?" I said and I heard quiet sounds from the other end of the line.

"T-Taehyung?" Jungkook asked, his voice layered in tears as he talked.

I felt my goofy mood suddenly turn into a much more worried one, the sounds of the loud party outside the bathroom became blocked out by Jungkook. "What's wrong?" I asked.

"I forgot you were out, I-I'll h-han...." he couldn't even finish his sentence and he let out a painful whimper from the other end of the phone. "I-I'll h-h-an-ang u-up."

"No!" I said and I sat down on the edge of the bath tub, gripping the edge out the bathtub with my hand. "No, Jungkook stay on, what's wrong?"

"I-I.." the other end becomes silent again an I hear him sniffle. "I.. I c-can't g-go h-ho-me."

"Why not? What happened? Where are you?"

"I'm o-ne b-block A-wa-ay," he muttered through the phone. "I-I d-don't k-know W-what c-came o-over m-me."

"I'll be there in ten minutes," I said and I got up from the tub, placing my hand on the door knob.

"N-no.." he whispered and I let go of the door knob.

"There will be more parties, You need me, so I'll be there for you like I said I would be." I pulled my phone away from my ear to check the time. I quickly put my phone back and I cleared my throat, "you stay exactly where you are and I'll come get you. Good bye."

"B-bye"

I hung up the phone and I slipped it into my pocket. I headed out to the living room and I take Jimin by the wrist, pulling him out to the kitchen where it was a bit quieter.

"I have to go," I said and I pulled his car keys from my pocket, handing them over to him.

He furrowed his eyebrows and he looked down at the keys, "why do you have to go?"

"Jungkook just called me and I don't know man, he sounds like he's hurt or something.

I see a look of shock come across Jimins face and he grips my arm. "Do you want me to come with you?" He asks and I shake my head.

"You stay here and enjoy the party, I'll text you if anything happens," I say and I give him a quick hug before shoving on my shoes and leaving the house.

I rushed in the direction of Jungkook's house, my feet hitting the ground in loud thuds as all the air it my lungs went up to my throat.

I see Jungkook sitting on a bench, bookbag sitting between his legs as he looked straight.

I walked over and I sat down, pulling his body in my arms. " What's wrong?" I asked and Jungkook sniffles gently.

"I can't go home," he said and I bite down on my bottom lip.

"Why?" I asked and I pulled away from the hug, feeling Jungkook grip onto my t shirt.

"I don't know, when ever I go near there I get this unsettling feeling, I never want to be there anymore, I can't look at the house. When I walk towards it I just feel so lost and it doesn't feel like my hone anymore," He explained and he rested his head on my chest.

"I can walk you home," I suggested, but he quickly shook his head. "Why?"

"Cause if you walk me home, you'll leave and Im in that awful house by myself. My dads going through a mid life crisis, all he does is drink and smoke, come home at four in the morning and then getting angry over the smallest things."

"I'm so sorry," I said and I pulled him into another hug, resting my cheek on top of his head. "How about you stay at my house for the night? I live alone and its quite lonely there by myself. Plus I want you to feel comfortable."

Jungkook nodded and I gently inched my self away from him so that I could stand up. I gripped his hands and I pulled him up on his feet, picking his school bag up from the ground and strapping it onto my back.

I wrapped and arm around his shoulder and I begun to lead him down the street, pushing through the crowds of people as we walked.

"Something about you makes me feel safe," Jungkook whispered and he looked over at me, his face still stained with his tears. "I don't know what it is but I always want to be around you because that's when I feel like I'm most at home," he said and he wrapped his arm around my middle.

"I'm happy I make you feel that way," I say and I hum lightly. "I'm sorry you have to go through this, its not a fun feeling," I said and I looked over at him. "My parents died when I was seven, I felt like I was going to die, nothing seemed right and it was hard to adjust to new living arrangements, I often thought of giving up by I knee they wouldnt want that for me, so I kept going and I ended up being okay. I surrounded my self by good people and now I have a lovely boy who makes me smile every time he doesn't know what something means."

Jungkook nudged me lightly, a tint of red coming to his face.

"We have that dinner tomorrow, right? Well have a great time, well laugh and create good memories to replace the bad ones. Your dad as well is coping in the wrong way, its best to just try to help and if he doesn't want it, just leave him and one day he'll come out of that trance."

Jungkook stopped which caused me to stop in his tracks. He turned to face me and I turned to face him as well, we looked at each other for an intense few seconds until he placed both his hands on my cheeks and pulled me in for a kiss. I swear to good in that moment I felt fireworks go off in my body, I was shocked cause I wasn't expecting jungkook to be the one to make the first move.

When he pulled away, he immediately turned red and he looked away from me shyly. "I'm sorry," he said.

"It's okay, boyfriends do that all the time," I said and I placed my hand on his shoulder, spinning him around. "And right now I want to ask you. Jeon Jungkook if you'll be my boyfriend."

Jungkook bit his lip and he nodded his head quickly. "I will," he said and I clapped my hands.

"You know what I'm going to say, right?" I ask.

Jungkook places the palm of his hand on his forehead and he sighed. "Tae, don't do it."

"Next stop, your thighs," I said and I poked my fingers into his side.