The Hospital

The helicopter landed jerkily. Lexie moaned as she was tossed side to side on her miniature bed. Marks hand slipped into hers. It was calloused yet comforting. She loved Mark with every single ounce of blood in her heart. Which at the time probably wasn't much for she had almost bled to death.
   The attendee jumped up and rolled the bed out of the helicopter. The shaking was uncomfortable her head rolled back in forth. She had a terrifying migrane. Mark hopped out after the bed. He ran by her side to a sterile room. It had the clean smell of chemicals. She had gotten used to it. The walls were extremely white. The sheets also smelled like chemicals. The scent was extremely strong. Mark gripped her hand hard. But she didn't mind.
   A short doctor in a stark white jacket and blue scrubs walked in. She realized it was April.
   "You have been stabbed by large metal shards. We are going to go and stop excess bleeding and clean and close your wounds," she stated in a clear confident voice. That was what Lexie liked about April, her overflowing confidence. Mark stared at her like she was going to remove Lexies intestines.
   " I have to go in with her," Mark announced.
   " I'm afraid you are her family right now. I can't let you in with her," she whispered. "We have to take her in right away. We have to prep her. Can you please wait in the waiting area. I will have an intern notify you when she is out." Mark kissed her forhead. His stubble scratched her lightly. Mark was escorted out.
   A new intern walked in carrying a white gown. Her scrubs had been ripped open and we're stuck to her by the dried blood. She had been hooked to a wheelchair and hobbled over to the bathroom. Lexie carefully locked the door. She slipped her now stained shirt over her head. She then peeled off the bluish t shirt. She stripped her ripped bloody pants down her gross dirty legs and fell to the floor. She helped herself to her feet. She continued undressing and stepped into the large gown.
   She walked into the larger room. She felt very dizzy. She had to sit on a rolling table and was rolled into the OR. They then gave her medication. She felt a slight pinch in her arm and fell asleep.
            Two hours later.
   Her eyes fluttered open to the magnificent view of  Mark. He jumped out of his chair. He sighed in relief. He looked her up and down and landed on her eyes. His eyes were intense. They softened.
   "How do you feel," his voice was soft as silk. Once he mentioned it she realized her legs ached. She was in pain.
   "Okay," she lied. She wanted or get out of this bed and see her other workers. " How is Meredith, Derek, Arizona, and Cristina."
    " This is a conversation-" Lexie grunted interrupting him. " Okay, fine. Derek was not found. Arizona was found to late. She bled out. Meredith was just heartbroken and Cristina will probably never fly again. But she left to Minnesota for a job." Mark was crying by the end. Lexies eyes teared up. The water droplets rained down her cheeks.
   Mark wiped away her tears with his thumb. He then kissed her. Her cheeks warmed. He pulled away and grabbed a glass of water off the side table. He piled on another blanket.
        In the woods...
   Derek had crawled into a nearby cave. The bear was so close. It's paws were crunching the fallen leaves. It was getting closer and closer and closer and....
   Mark left Lexie at the hospital. He was on a mission. Part one. Run an errand. He had to go shopping. He needed something essential to his future.
   Lexie layer in bed. Mark had left. Probably to a date with some other girl. You never knew with him. However he had kissed her. What could that mean. Meredith walked in the doors. A smile spread across her face. She walked over and hugged her. Not just a let's get it over with hug but a sisterly hug.
    Three hours later.
   Mark marched through the door. Lexie could go home. He was here to take her home. They had strolled through the lobby and out to the benches when Mark suddenly stopped. She turned to look at him. He had kneeled down and was holding the most beautiful ring she had ever seen.
   " Will you, Lexie Grey, marry me?" He said with the largest smile she had ever seen.
   "Yes!" She exclaimed. She ran to him as he stood up and kissed him. Now they were inseperable. As they pulled apart Mark slipped the diamond ring on her finger. She held out her hand to examine it in the light. The sun bounced off magnificently. They clasped hands as they strolled to his silver SUV. He drove to his own apartment, which she had been to a few times. He parked the SUV and they walked in. Once in the apartment he started cooking an elaborate dish. She stared in amazement. They then ate chicken with rice. She knew that this was the start of a new life.
   This was a new, fabulous life.