7. Breakfast, Lunch, & Dinner

Start from the beginning

She was sure she had read everything she could about vampire history that the library had. When she grew tired of reading she would go to the gym. None of the other girls used it and she was thankful for that. She would listen to the Ipod Darius gave her and just jog till her legs ached. Then if that didn't distract her enough she would move to the punching bag sometimes picturing one of the brother's faces on the bag.

Every evening the girls were called on to join the brothers for dinner and every evening Deva would find an excuse to leave the table. The brothers would protest but she always insisted it was important and that they had plenty of company to keep them entertained. She could see the disappointment written on their faces but she didn't care. She would hang out with Julia on occasions but she always liked to talk about how cute the brothers were or how hot they looked. Julia stayed away from their names because in truth she still couldn't really tell them apart. Deva let her friend rant about the boys but on the fifth day it was getting to be too much.

"Ok Julia I need you to shut up now." Deva said rubbing her temples.

"You want me to shut up?" Julia said with a frown.

"Yes because for the past five days all I've heard is they did this and they did that and to be honest I don't give a rat's ass what they did or how they looked or what they said."

Julia sighed. "I'm sorry I know you don't like them that much and you really want to get out of here but why don't you look at the bright side of the situation."

"What bright side are you looking at?"

Julia threw her hands in the air. "They are looking for a queen Deva. A queen. One of us gets to become a queen and not just that, you have three hot guys trying to grab your attention."

"Julia I don't think we are looking at the same picture. They are looking for a human to rule a vampire kingdom. VAMPIRE." She exaggerated the last word. "They might be cute but Julia they are seeing 8 other girls. Does that not repulse you in anyway?"

"A little but what can I do about it? I'm not going home any time soon so why not go with it. You never know."

"I don't want to be queen. I'm not who they're looking for anyway." Deva said slowly getting up off the bed.

"Where are you going Dev?" Julia asked anxiously.

"For a walk." She said already half way to the door.

"I'm sorry I upset you." Julia whispered making it barely to Deva's ears.

"I'm not upset at you Juls. I'm sorry I'm being difficult. It's this place and I have a lot on my mind."

Without saying another word Deva left the room leaving her friend behind. It wasn't the place really making her feel this way it was the fact that she was never going to see her family again. The fact that she was forced into this without grasping the meaning of it all. She still didn't understand why they needed a human as a queen. And she still didn't understand why it was her that they took. She didn't belong here. There were so many others who would have been willing. Why did it have to be her?

Lost in her thoughts she forgot to look where she was going. She accidently ran into something rather hard and almost fell back from the impact when she felt muscular arms wrap around her to hold her up. She slowly brought her gaze up and saw the oh so familiar smirk.
"Sweetheart you didn't have to run into me to get my attention. You could have easily approached me and gotten the same reaction."

She tried squirming away but he wouldn't allow it. "Trying to run away again I see. Sorry sweetheart there are no excuses getting you out of this one."