Forty Four: Part Two

Start from the beginning

Peter?

Well, Peter was helping Bruno with the gardening and decorations in whatever way he could. 

"Clary," I said, as I tried on my wedding dress for the final time, "can you pass me my veil?"

She nodded and scurried over to the table in my bedroom where the veil was placed and walked back into the bathroom where I stood on a pedestal while the girls helped me get my dress prepared.

"You look beautiful, El," she smiled, setting the veil onto my hair. I smiled and sighed heavily as I waited for the girls to finish. After a while, they pulled back and gaped at me, smiling widely as they smiled and giggled. 

"You look beautiful, El," Bridgette smiled. Clary nodded in agreement and grasped her hand, squealing excitedly.

"This is a bit tight to breathe in though," I tried, "it'll be worth it."

"Oh honey," Gabriella stated, "if Harry's not crying buckets when he sees you, then he's either blind or senseless."

"Or both," Stella interjected. We all nodded in agreement and laughed. I looked down at my dress and flattened it out. It was beautiful. Truly beautiful. It was elegant but not too elegant. It was royal, but not too much. It was simple but colorful.

It was beautiful.

"Okay," I sighed, "get me out of this thing."

The girls laughed and got to work.

~

"When will your parents arrive?" Stella questioned, as we all sat in my bedroom, now in comfortable clothing.

"Either later tonight or possibly tomorrow," I answered. 

"Where's Peter?" Clary asked, "I haven't seen him in a while."

"Oh, he's out helping Bruno with the decorations," I smiled, "they've become incredibly close."

"We should go help too," Clary said, "he's getting older. He can't do everything by himself."

The girls mumbled words of agreement and stood up. They each gave me a hug on the way out and I followed them out to the door. 

"Oh El," Clary said, "have you seen Harry lately?"

I shook my head, "barely. He's probably getting ready for bed now, so I'll just go pop on in."

They nodded and smiled before they bid me goodnight and headed down to go assist Bruno.

I smiled and walked back in. I changed into a racier nightgown because tonight, I was in the mood to fool around a bit. I was exhausted, and pregnant, and hormonal so maybe, he'd be up for doing something.

I scurried into the bathroom and put on some perfume, before I applied some rose to my cheeks, slapping them slightly to make them look fuller. I applied some lipstick just slightly and smudged it out to make my lips more plumper and fiddled with my hair until it looked borderline seductive.

I wanted to try,

But not too hard.

I walked over to my wardrobe and pulled out a silk robe, wrapping it around myself before I made my way out into the hall and down to Harry's room. I knocked on it, opening my robe a little to reveal a little bit of my chest and fixed my hair one last time. 

Suddenly, a loud crash could be heard and shuffling from within. I furrowed my eyebrows and placed my hand on the doorknob.  I twisted it slowly, in case there was an intruder, and opened the door. I peeked my head around the entrance, starting at one end of the room before my eyes traveled to the other.