Twenty Four: Part Two

This gif.... 😈😈😈

Harry's POV

The carriage was bumpy. The environment was snowy and freezing. I forgot Nova was in the middle of the mountains.

God damn.

We arrived in the kingdom just after noon and I was with Louis and my Squire, James. They got down from the carriage and stretched themselves out. I followed suit and slowly found myself doing the same thing. The castle in front of us was covered with snow, as was most of the kingdom.

"So," I said, "we're meeting the palace doctor?"

James nodded and began to lead the way, "yes, your highness. He knows most of the cures for every single ailment possible in these lands. Your father said he got the poison from here, so we should be able to find a cure for it as well."

"What are you planning to do with your father," Louis whispered, "once you become King."

"No clue," I mumbled, as we walked, "but if he lays a hand on Eliana, I won't hesitate to have him executed."

"You really love her," he said. I snorted.

"Of course I do," I replied.

"Have you told her?"

"No."

"Coward."

"Shut up, Lou."

I looked at Louis, "what about you and Cimone."

His face paled, "what about us?"

"Don't think I am oblivious to your desires," I smiled, "you've practically been smitten with the girl since we were children."

"Yes well," he sighed, "I don't think I'd be someone she'd fall in love with."

"You never know," I shrugged, "she's just as crazy as you."

We chuckled and continued our way inside the castle. James led us to the foyer of the palace and we instantly looked around to marvel in it's beauty. The stone walls went up some twenty feet and sconces lit up the walls. Draperies and tapestries lined the walls with depictions of war scenes and knighting ceremonies.

"Harry," James said, earning my attention, "this is his royal highness Gerald III of Nova. He's been notified of the predicament and would love to show you to the doctor himself."

I looked at the King. He looked to be about my age. Brown straight hair covered his head and his icy blue eyes showed nothing but kindness and generosity.

"Pleasure to make your acquaintance," he smiled. I nodded and stuck my hand out for him to shake.

"Likewise, my name is Harry," I said, before turning to Louis, "this is my friend Louis Tomlinson."

He bowed to the King and stood up before smiling. The King nodded his greeting and looked back at me before he turned to gesture us to follow him. We began making our way down the corridors, wrapping our cloaks around us to give us more warmth.

"So," Gerald said, "I have been told that you are in need of a Rosemyrth antidote?"

I nodded, "the entire kingdom has fallen ill."

"Do you know how this has been happening?" he asked. I was about to speak and tell him but then realized that it would be better for our kingdom if we kept this strictly private.

To be honest, I just wanted to get the antidote and make my way back to Eliana. I didn't even want to leave her bedroom this morning, but I did because the kingdom needed this antidote.