Two

Eliana's POV

I lugged the last of my luggage - oh that's why they call it that - down the stairs of the palace and pulled it outside to where the horses were drawn with the carriages. Father was conversing with the drivers and my mother, Bruno and Clary were all talking and laughing a little ways away from him. If you were to come and observe us for the first time, I have no doubt that you would think we were a family and not three royals and their two servants. That's how we acted. Like family. I smiled and made my way down the cobble steps. Bruno caught sight of my attempt and he quickly excused himself from Clary and my mother to assist my descent down the staircase.

"Thank you Bruno," I smiled graciously. He smiled and nodded before taking my suitcase to the second carriage that was specially meant for our luggage. I approached my mother and Clary with a smile.

"Morning," I chirped, oddly calm about this whole ordeal. I think it was having Bruno and Clary by my side that helped me.

"Morning Eliana, ready to meet your new fiancé," my mother asked. My smile instantly turned into a pout as I furrowed my eyebrows and looked away childishly. This caused Clary to laugh and I huffed before I lightly hit her arm.

"Doesn't seem as if I have much of a choice?" I mumbled. My mother chuckled and turned her attention to the carriage. Thanking one of the stable boys who helped her inside, she sat down in the fancy carriage and waited patiently for the rest of the Royal family to join her.

"Come on, Eliana," Clary called, speeding to the carriage, "time to go meet your new family!"

I rolled my eyes and begrudgingly made my way to the carriage that would take me to my doom. Within about thirty minutes, father had gotten the horses ready with the stable boys and we were off; of course leaving the castle in the care of our squire, Timothy.

~ 1 day later ~

I can honestly say that I was expecting a regular sized castle, with a huge area of land along with it, but what we saw after arriving at this castle, just blew me away completely.

The castle was absolutely magnificent. A beautiful garden sat in the front of it, and the garden itself sat at the end of a long gravel road connected to the entrance of the castle. The garden was well kept and I could see Bruno's eyes light up in excitement at the sight of the garden. There was a fountain in the middle and from what I could see, there was more area behind the castle as well to explore. This was a big kingdom.

The carriage stopped at the front of the garden and I immediately noticed four figures standing by to greet us. A man, whom I presumed could only be the king, and the queen obviously and their two children. The children seemed okay; there was a girl who had beautiful blonde hair that reached her shoulders and she wore a lovely gown while she held her parasol behind her to block out the sun. The boy was about my age or a couple years older. He had brown curly hair that reached just above his shoulders and he had shiny emerald orbs. He kept his hands clasped in front of him and stood tall, keeping a hard gaze on our carriage.