"I can see where that would keep you from knowing much. And I can certainly understand how his attitude is affecting you. I was raised by my aunt and uncle who were both muggles, non magical, and they did everything they could think of to suppress my wizard side. I didn't even know that my folks were witch or wizard until my letter finally got to me," Harry said quietly. 

"Really, sir?" Dickerson asked, his eyes fixed on Harry. 

"Oh, yes. It was rather unpleasant, even after I started to attend Hogwarts. They pretty much detested anything and anyone associated with magic. But that being said you have the opportunity to discover a great deal about the wizarding world and you need to take advantage of that. And not just because of what happened the other day. The world of magic can be and is a wonderful place, but it is also a very dangerous place, particularly for the unwary or unknowing. You have the opportunity to become aware and to be very knowledgeable. I hope you take advantage of it," Harry said. 

"Yes, sir. I think I know what you mean. I think my mum would be happy for that to happen, too," Dickerson said with an odd little smile. "I sent her a message by owl last night telling her about what's been happening and all. I think she'll be glad in a way." 

Harry said he hoped so and suggested the boy think about getting some sleep. He watched as Dickerson collected his things from the Slytherin table and left the Hall. When Harry arrived home the following night for the week end he sat with Ginny in the library talking about what had occurred. 

"Why are you fretting over this so much, sweetheart?" Ginny asked. "You kept it from getting out of hand and you pointed this boy in the right direction to find out the facts and you'll be able to keep tabs on him as the year progresses. I think you've handled it very well." 

"It's not so much Dickerson in particular, Gin. It's the idea that someone could think so little about what happened. It's only been what, six years and a bit since Voldemort's been dead. What happens in a dozen or twenty years when the memories are really distant?" Harry said with a frown. 

"Well, my dear fellow, that's why it's important that you're at Hogwarts now instead of having waited all those years like you planned. You'll be the one to make sure the memories don't fade away." 

"I suppose," he replied but didn't sound too convinced as he stared into the flames in the fireplace. 

After a time he looked over at Ginny and said, 

"Are we still set for visitors tomorrow?" 

"Yes, I'd expect Mum here relatively early and Fleur and Victoire sometime before lunch. Do you think your business in Diagon Alley will be done by then?" she asked. 

"I'd think so. I'll go first thing and Gringotts shouldn't take long and then I thought I'd stop at the book store and then the magical creatures shop for more of that food supplement. It seems to be working well. Being home for lunch shouldn't be a problem," he said with a half smile, the first Ginny had seen since before dinner. 

"Good, I think you need to be around some family tomorrow," she replied. "As for tonight, I think you need some decidedly individual attention." 

Harry thought that both ideas were brilliant and his bigger smile said as much. So it was that when he woke up the next morning he was in a much better frame of mind. Ginny and James were already at the table when Harry walked in. 

"Good morning, sweetheart, how are you feeling this morning?" Ginny asked with a gleam in her eye. 

"I'm feeling great, thank you," he replied with a smile. "How are my two favorite people getting on?"