Never Forgive You - Tyler Seguin

Player: Tyler Seguin – Dallas Stars

Mentions: None.

Warnings: Angst. Fighting. Curse Words.

Preview: You sighed as you continued to put the groceries away. You reminisced of the times you were greeted the moment you walked in the door with smiles and kisses. You knew those moments were fleeting. You glanced at the ring sitting on your finger.

Characters:. 812 words.

You walk into your and Tyler's shared home, placing the groceries down on the kitchen counter

You walk into your and Tyler's shared home, placing the groceries down on the kitchen counter. You had just moved in a few weeks ago. In fact, the last few weeks was a whirlwind of emotions and chaos. Tyler had proposed on your three-year anniversary. Not soon after, you moved in to his place. It wasn't like you hadn't stayed here before, but now you were here full time. Saying it had been rough was putting it nicely.

Marshall and Cash had come down the stairs to greet you but there was no sign of Tyler. You sighed as you continued to put the groceries away. You reminisced of the times you were greeted the moment you walked in the door with smiles and kisses. You knew those moments were fleeting. You glanced at the ring sitting on your finger.

You finished what you were doing and headed upstairs to look for Tyler. You found him in the entertainment room. He was sprawled across the large couch watching highlights from last night's game.

"Hi." You mumbled frightened of the conversation you knew was coming. You knew it would end up in another fight. It seemed that was all you two could do these days and you were tired.

He threw a glance your way but then turned back to the game.

You sighed taking a seat on the edge of the couch.

"Do you have an issue?" he grumbled not taking his eyes from the screen.

"I don't want to fight with you Tyler. I just feel like we are growing farther and farther apart."

He shot you a look, turning off the TV. He turned to face you obviously preparing for another battle.

"Just what's wrong? Please tell me. Are you having second thoughts? Are you regretting asking to marry me?" you continued, your bottom lip quivering with every word.

The room was silent for a moment until Tyler spoke up.

"Have you realize how exhausting it is since you moved in? We literally got into a three-hour fight over my clothes being on the floor."

You look at him, the sadness boiling over to anger. "Maybe that's because I moved in here as your fiancé, not your maid. I know you are a hockey player and you work hard but I work too. I want to not have to come home and clean up after you.

He scoffs and you shake your head.

"You're seriously like a man-child."

"Well Y/N, living together is supposed to be a trial run and we are very blatantly failing." His tone raises.

"Tell me how you really feel Ty. Glad you are finally telling me something truthful. You haven't been honest with me since I got here. You are distant and elusive. It's like I don't even know you anymore."

He rolls his eyes and stands from the couch walking over to the bar and grasping the counter not facing you.

"What do you even want anymore? Do you want me living here? Do you even want to marry me?"

"Maybe I fucking don't!" He shouts and turns quickly, surprising you.

A silence falls between you once again and you push back your tears. You refused to let him see you weak, not now, not tonight.

You sit there for a few more moments before you stand yourself. "What changed? Did I do something? I need you to know that I love you. I love you more than anything. I know that we can make this work..."

Tyler cuts you off. "I love you too Y/N but we are still so young."

"Tyler we are 25." You plead trying to defend your case. Tyler just shakes his head.

"Listen, let's just call it quits before we both just end up hating one another."

You can't control it anymore. You let the sobs escape you. Tyler leans towards you but then turns back to the bar.

"I don't get how you can see me crying and not even comfort me at all." You state between sobs.

"Y/N" Tyler croaks out softly.

You wipe as many tears from your eyes as you can. "I will never forgive you for this."

You turn on your heels before he can say another word. You quickly gather as many of your things as you can and head downstairs. You hoped Tyler would have chased you but he never emerged from the room you were in moments before. You took one last look at the house around you before slipping the ring off your finger. Your finger felt bare suddenly and another sob tore through you. You place the house key next to the ring on the counter and walk through the front door. And just like that, it was over.