Truce

[Song: Truce by twenty one pilots]

×So this is my second time writing a story with this song, the first was in my old oneshot book on my old account for different people and that was the saddest thing I've ever written and I cried really hard over it. That was like two years ago though and I can't even listen to this song anymore. So it's just another sad one lol but I'm working on some happy ones now at least×

The cancer jokes were funny for a while, then they became real. Some call it karma, some say bad luck, but Ian ended up having cancer.

Max was quick to jump to Ian's aid. He moved in with Ian, stayed with him as much as possible and took him to any appointments. He was a great help, but Ian was growing weaker by the day.

Then one night everything crashed. Ian couldn't breathe, his whole body ached. He cried out for Max in the other room. Max ran in as quick as his feet could carry him and rushed Ian to the hospital.

"You'll be okay, I promise, you'll get through this," Max whispered in a soothing tone to Ian as he held his hand.

"Max," Ian spoke in a pained whisper.

"Save your air," Max spoke. "You'll be alright. You can tell me later."

Ian stayed quiet.

When they got to the hospital, Ian was quickly taken back. Max was left in the waiting room to hope for the best.

Time passed by. It felt like forever to Max. He called up anyone that needed to know to let them know what was happening to Ian.

He had just made the last call when the doctor came out.

"Max," the doctor spoke, knowing him from Ian's previous visits. "You can see him now but there's something you need to know."

"What is it?" Max urged.

"The cancer has spread rapidly. It's nearly to his heart and it's already in his lungs. He doesn't have much longer to go, I'm so sorry."

Max felt like his world had shattered around him. He couldn't believe it. He couldn't lose Ian.

Ian looked bad, Max couldn't deny that as he walked in the room. His skin was as pale as paper, his hair was gone, he was needles in his arms, there were wires all around, and he was had a breathing tube stuck up his nose.

"How's my favorite fag?" Max asked as he came in and took a seat, trying to act like everything was okay.

"Dying, quite literally," Ian replied weakly.

"No, you're great. You're going to get through this a fucking murder cancer's dumb ass," Max encouraged.

"Max stop acting like I'm going to live. This is fucking killing me as we speak and you know it." Ian was at the end of the road. He no longer had the motivation to keep optimistic. He knew the end was near.

"You can't die," Max finally broke, tears falling like a waterfall.

×fuck tears are in my eyes×

"Come here," Ian spread his thin arms put, beackoning for a hug.

Max hugged him, not too tight, feeling like he could break the skinny boy like a twig. He didn't want to cry, not in front of Ian. He had to be strong for Ian.

"Don't act like this doesn't affect you," Ian said. "Because I known it hurts you nearly as much as it hurts me. I don't want you to be strong, I want you to know that I'm still hear and you're allowed to be upset."

"I don't want to lose you," Max cried. "Fuck Ian I love you. I fucking love you, Ian Carter."

"I love you too Max," Ian smiled. "I really love you."

"Don't leave me."

Ian ran his hand through Max's hair. "I'd never dream of it."

Max felt Ian's hand go limp, still in his hair. His last breath came out in a silent sigh. His eyes rolled back and, thankfully, closed. The monitors beeped obnoxiously. Max held Ian close, sobbed, cursed, and yelled until he was forced out of the room.

This was the end. And there's no stopping the end.