Love At First Sight

[Song: Love At First Sight by the Brobecks]

Ian would've never expected to be approached as he quietly sat in his booth at the cafe and worked on his laptop. He never would've expected to hear what he heard on that particular day, yet he did. It all started with that stupid pickup line:

"Could this be love at first sight, or should I walk by again?"

Ian looked up, he was met with the sight of a cute boy with curly brown hair, kind eyes, and a playful grin.

"Excuse me?" Ian questioned.

"I said could this be love at first sight, or should I walk by again," the boy repeated, his Australian accent seeming to become more prominent with each word.

"Hmm I think maybe you should walk by again, just so I can be sure," Ian smirked, only really wanting to see if the boy would actually comply.

To his surprise, the aussie boy turned and walked out of the shop before re-entering and walking past before stopping again.

"I see you're dedicated," Ian noted. "Or desperate."

"Maybe a little bit of both." The boy's laugh caught Ian off guard. It was just a small laugh but the pure sound of it made Ian's heart melt.

"Wanna sit here?" Ian asked as he motioned to the seat across from him. The boy nodded and sat. "So why are you doing this exactly?"

"I don't really know," the boy confessed. "I don't normally do things like this."

"So approaching random people and saying shitty pickup lines isn't a hobby of yours?" Ian joked.

The boy laughed again. "No, it's not. Something just drew me to you and I said the first thing I thought of."

"I see," Ian nodded. "What's your name."

"Max," the boy said with a smile.

"I'm Ian," Ian informed Max.

The two continued to talk, their conversations consisting of anything and everything that came to mind. There was minimal pause and it was surprisingly not awkward at all considering how they had just met.

They didn't leave until it was closing time and by then they were practically forced to leave.

"Well I guess I should probably head home," Ian said.

"Yeah, me too," Max agreed.

"Here," Ian said as he took out a pen and took Max's arm. He wrote down his phone number along with a small note and said a quick "Call me sometime," before walking off.

Max looked at the number and smiled before reading the note:

"I think it is love at first sight ;)"