New Beginnings

It's around ten thirty and Will and I are relaxing on the couch eating Chinese food. A Jason Bourne movie is playing, and quite frankly I'm enjoying it! My attention is averted to the door when I hear a faint knock. Will gets up to answer the door and I continue to watch the movie. I get up to see who it is and freeze. Poor Will couldn't even speak. I admit that I felt bad dragging him into my girl problems. He felt anger towards me for walking out then Erin for leaving. Will heads into the back room and shuts the door.

I look at her. Really look at her since she's left. Her hair is lighter, kinda like when we first met. I shake my head as I begin to smile. I look up at her again and she is analyzing me. Trying to pick up on what I'm feeling. "You didn't deserve it. Any of it actually. You stuck by my side when we weren't even allowed to date. I ruined our friendship and relationship. I am truly sorry." She says. "Did I even matter to you?" I quickly reply. Her eyes quickly fill with tears and she looks away. "For months I would replay memories trying to find what went wrong. I have to clear my throat because I'm getting choked up. I walked out on not only you but us. I lied about my past. That was the trigger of your lack of trust. But Erin, I went to the support groups to get better. " She looked miserable curled up in the couch. I continue, "I may have hurt you and lost your trust, but I was trying." "Jay... I wish I could take back my decision to leave without mentioning it, but I can't. I left because I was done of being constantly lied to by my mom and everyone else. I couldn't breathe with everything happening. I started to build up my walls again because I was hurt. Out of everyone in the unit, you deserved the proper explanation to everything... I'm really sorry. " she takes a deep breath. "I was only trying to make things easier." Now her face is stained with mascara from the tears running down her cheeks. "Easier for who?" I reply. She makes a face that makes me think there was something else I wasn't aware of. "Uh...I..um... I took the job in New York because Hank recommended me. "What?Are you serious?" I feel extremely embarrassed by my previous love outpouring to Hank. I feel like a complete idiot. "He did it to help me get out of the investigation here." I nod.  "Wow" I simply reply. She purses her lips "Jay we've both been hurt and it is in the past; I know we can't take back what we've done but we could always move forward. I don't know about you but this case is gonna need a lot of compromising so we might as well make up now." "You're right, so tomorrow is a new day and a new start." "Yep" she simply replies as I walk her to the door. "Here's to new beginnings.