Is it a sword?

Pumpkin POV

"Don't forget to buckle up everyone!"

"Why would we need to do that?", says rope boy.

Tut tut...

"Health and safety of course, you silly goose"

An overwhelming pause of silence loomed over everyone in the aircraft... The croc probably smells fear.

But before we set off ground, one more person strides onto the aircraft.

A lady. A pretty lady. With a sword. She is so my new best friend.

Even with a mask on her face her piercing eyes wonder over us all before landing on Flag.

"Your late"

She says something in Japanese.
But I can't understand her so that friendship thing might be a problem.

He turns his head over to us and shouts over the noise,
"THIS IS KATANA! SHE'S GOT MY BACK..."
Oh so she's on your team?
"SHE COULD YOU ALL IN ONE SWORD STROKE JUST LIKE MOWING THE LAWN..."
I can't relate, sorry captain. We lived in a flat so I've never had a garden.
"I WOULD ADVISE NOT GETTING KILLED BY HER, HER SWORD TRAPS THE SOULS OF IT'S VICTIMS"
Well that's a new one.

Bald-bearded man looks at me with a similar expression to mine. Harley puts her hand forward to Katana.
"Harley Quinn, nice to meet'cha!"
No response apart from Katana's glare.
"I love your perfume. What is that? The stench of death?", Harley bursts into cackles of laughter and I let out a small giggle.

Katana says something again and pulls out her sword but Flag gets her to put it back.

Uh oh. Someone's a little touchy.

Miss Harley looks back with a big grin.
"She seems nice".

A little while later, a small buzz can be heard coming from Harley's jacket pocket but only a mere few notice. Bald-bearded man reads the message and looks back at Harley but she pulls her finger up to her mouth in a shushing motion and winks at him. Her hair flying over her face appearing almost heavenly like which adds a touch of irony. He keeps quiet.

Hmm, very suspicious.

Boomer disturbs me from mental thought process by punching me in the arm.
"Owie"
"Sorry princess, didn't mean to startle you but you need to toughen up a lot more to face what we're about to face"
I let out a small giggle,
"Now you seem like your speaking another language just like the sword woman."
"... I'm pretty sure that's not a sword, it's a katana".
"No silly, that's her name! It's a sword because it's sharp and pointy".
Boomerang opens his mouth to say something but decides to change it.
"Anyway you left this in your trunk and I thought you might want it".

He pulls out my pacifier and hands it to me. Its so much smaller than I last imagined it to be.
"Why?"
"Uh... I dunno, I thought maybe you would look cute in it... or something".
His cheeks go a faint shade of pink and we both exchange a comforting nod. I then go to have a quick nap, falling asleep to the faint mutters of a conversation between bald-bearded man and Captain serious.
"Just the usual."
"Yeah, your a bad liar"
"And your just a serial killer who takes credit cards. I'm a soldier"

However, what wakes me back up is a sporadic spluttering noise that appears to be coming from the engine.

A flurry of yells seem to whirl around in Pumpkin's head and she can feel her blood rushing and her heart beat pacing faster and faster...
I don't want to die, I have so much left to live for. Kill the others! They are all super old.
"HOLD ON TIGHT!"
Pumpkin shoves her pacifier back into her mouth and immediately calms her nerves back down despite the calamity taking place the around her.

Pumpkin closed her eyes tightly shut. The next minute went by really quickly. One moment the crew was up in the air, the next moment, they crew all haphazardly tumbled to the ground in a rough landing. She opened her eyes to see everyone still in tact and hopping out of the aircraft onto land.
"Wooh! What a ride!"

Not the kind of ride I want to go on again.

As pumpkin treads lightly around the debris she sees slipknot doing the same,
"Hey Rope boy! This is why we wear seat belts".

A.N- I'm so sorry for not uploading in a really ffing long time. I've been going through some shit and to open my app with 2k reads and 100 votes warmed my cold dead heart so thank you so much. I'll try to upload more often but bear with me.

Martha 💜