Honeymoon

The wagon bounced and jostled lightly, but our cab was well furnished and it hardly bothered us. I was snuggled securely in Shika’s arms. Finally! We were married! I wondered where our honeymoon was going to be. Yoshino said it was a surprise and that I would love it.

“Do you know where we are going?” I asked Shika, turning my head to look up at him, it’s dark but I can see the outline of his face.

“Yeah, it’s a hot spring retreat of some sort. What a drag,” his eyes were almost shut, barely opened enough to look at me.

“No, imagine how much fun we could have alone,” I whispered, splaying my fingers across his chest.

I felt his heart beat jump briefly. But he quickly regained his composure. In answer, he nodded and finally he tilted his head down and intercepted my lips with his own. He leaned over, one hand on my upper thigh and the other pulling me towards him. I deepened the kiss longingly.

Abruptly the carriage jostled to a halt. Hurriedly we moved apart and I went to pull my dress back down. The driver opened the door just as I finished fixing my dress.

He smirked at our disorderly appearance.

“Couldn’t wait till you got here could you?” he teased, “that’s all right, it was the same for me and my Honey, only a little less careful than you too,” his eyes glinted at that memory. I felt my face turn beat red.

“Anyway, I’ll get your stuff,” as he said that he walked to the other side and pulled our luggage out. It was only one big suitcase and a little hand bag.

Shika hopped out, slouching as usual. When I went to exit he lazily took my hand as I stepped down.

I stared at the handsome complex of buildings in front of us. What a wonderful place to spend our honeymoon. Too bad it was so short. Civilians get a month usually. We had a week.