Shiver

I shivered as I woke up, it was cold and at first I was not sure why.

“You asshole!” I slapped the lump that was Shika.

“What!?” He jerked slightly and then rolled over with the majority of my blankets wrapped around him.

“You stole my blankets! What the hell is wrong with you?!” I hissed, making a grab for the blankets.

He held onto them with a stubborn smirk on his face. “It would have been a drag to get up to shut the window so instead I just pulled the blankets over instead.

I glared at him darkly, at loss for words.

“Humph” I grumbled under my breath as I went to get out of bed.

“Hey!” He said with surprise. “What are you doing?”

“I’m going to lie on the couch,” I grumbled.

“No you are not, it’ll get even colder!” He sat upright and wrapped the blankets around me so that my back pressed against his chest.

“Fine” I relented. I didn’t really want to lie on the couch, it was not much warmer or comfortable.

We laid back down and I stared at his face, he at first pretended not to notice until finally he said “Why are you staring at me?” with an expression of worry.

“Why haven’t I met your parents yet?” I asked.

“What!?” he said in surprise. He recovered quickly and answered, “It would be a drag, my ma would boss me around and my dad won’t stop her. You really don’t want to meet them.”

“I think that would be fun…” I mumbled, pretending to doze off.

“Troublesome, now I have to worry about two bossy women,” he moaned like it was the end of the world.

I couldn’t help but smile and to my surprise, I found myself drifting back to sleep with blankets and Shika’s arms around me.