Chapter XL: Four's a Crowd

En başından başla

But Timothy couldn't bring himself to sleep. The moment he shut his eyes, images of very soaked Sabina in her tight wet suit invade his consciousness. He tried to think of other things but the it was no use.

After 10 minutes of trying hard, he gave up and instead of taking a well-needed nap, he entered the bathroom and took a nice warm shower. He then dressed up and decided to take a stroll around the perimeter. The sun just got out of the horizon and the air was still crisp and cool so the stroll turned out a very good decision.

Eagerly, the young man explore the vicinity, this is where he first met Sabina and this was really an unforgettable place for him until now. As he was nearing the long white sand shoreline, he noticed a small yacht docked at the deep part of the water.

Thinking that it was empty, he continued to walk until he heard familiar cheers and bickering. Hastily, he hid himself behind a hedge just across the small pier.

Slowly, the group of people disembarked the small water vehicle. Amongst them were Kenneth and Jerome, Nancy and tatay Leo, the boys and lastly, the young woman that his eyes have been longing to see, Sabina.

As he stared upon her, something in him shifted again. Now, it had fully sank in that she wasn't his now, that he couldn't never touch her nor speak to her again the way he used to. Everything has changed now, he has no right or power over her. To her, he was just a regular acquaintance or maybe even a stranger.

The funny thing was five months ago he was sure that he was her world but now he was just another face in the sea of drifters.

And with these realizations, he had found her more captivating and stunning than before. Everything the way Dylan had said were dull and inadequate compared to the image he was seeing.

In his eyes, Sabina managed to appear so sublime and polished every damn time. The wet suit clung to her divine body perfectly and her damp messy hair looks hot on her, not to mention her grace and ultra appealing femininity.

Suddenly, the young heir's eyes widened. He saw Nancy helping Sabina out of her swimsuit. He kept his eyes peeled for the next several minutes as the petite biologist continue to take off her wet suit.

Underneath, the young woman was wearing a one piece wine-colored swim suit, flaunting her toned legs, tiny waist and curvy hips for everyone to see. "What the hell, Sab!" He murmured to himself in protest. And then he remembered, he no longer have the right to react this way.

"Enjoying the view immensely, man?" It was his engineer best friend, speaking from behind him.

The young heir lurched. "Never do that again, TJ!" He scolded, a little disappointed that his Sabina-watching was interrupted and cut short.

Deliberately, the kind engineer ignored his best friend's words. "Come on, man. Enough of that, time for breakfast." He mumbled.

"I thought you're going to take a nap? I went back for you, what are you doing here anyway?" Terrence asked, purposely putting the architect at ease. He was aware that Timothy's untimely presence here will cause awkwardness so he's prepping him up.

"Nothing, just enjoying the cold morning breeze." He reasoned out.

The duo walked slowly towards the shoreline were a long table laden with food was situated. They found the hard hat team already starting. Most of them were seated around long tables but some opted to seat on the sand.