Building a Profile

Reid's Point of View

I couldn't address Morgan's obvious worry about me before the rest of the team entered the room. After we were all seated, we were all informed of each other's findings.

Emily spoke first, "Well, at the latest crime scene, JJ and I saw the body and....it was...sad, to say the least. There was blood everywhere, including a pathway of blood from the road; which means Daniel must have been dragged from the unsub's vehicle. The traffic cameras did pick up a car speeding away; Garcia is running the license plate now. Um, we also went to the coroner and she said Daniel was found without a shirt, dried blood on his arms and legs from cuts, bruises all over his body, and 5 stab wounds. The stab wounds looked like they were inflicted with a normal kitchen knife. That's all we got." Emily, looking disturbed to say the least, sat back down next to JJ, and Rossi stood up.

"Okay, we spoke to Joey and Daniel's families and it turns out, they were much closer than we thought. They were dating. We spoke to the families and they were both totally aware and fine with both the boys being gay. And other than Joey having an alcoholic for a mother, both boys seemed like they loved life and each other. Their families couldn't think of anyone who would want to hurt either of the boys. But I did speak to Joey's autistic brother and he said something about a man named Kyle and someone who he said he didn't know the name of, but he remebered someone who's name started with a J. He said they would come over as friends from high school and that one of them would take notes or something. That's all we got from the families." Rossi finished and I stood up. Before I began to speak, I noticed Morgan glancing at Jay from the back of the room. I definitely missed something when I was gone.

"Well, I looked at the number of stab wounds on each victim and I found than when the numbers are placed in chronological order, they form a Fibonacci sequence. Most people wouldn't just happen to stab someone this specifically, so I would guess our unsub has a very analytical mind; he always plans things ahead and perfectly executes that plan at all costs. And moving on to-"

"Hang on Reid, you said 'he'. How do you know our unsub is male?" Hotch interrupted me.

I continued on, "Well, a women typically wouldn't be able to over power a man as easily as a man would. Also, if we are factoring in the victim's sexuality, I would definitely guess the unsub to be a male. Also, I have another theory. I am thinking someone, most definitely a male, lures the victims where his stronger partner, maybe partner in crime and a partner in love, overpowers the victim. Now the bait may go along with this, or he may not have a choice in this whole thing. I am not sure yet. Also, considering the wounds, I believe the main unsub is quite possibly a satist. The lacerations on the hands shows the victims were restrained and if they were tortured in any way, the unsub probably enjoyed it. He used his 'superior mind to lure in a hepless gay man who is totally under his control'. That's what I figured our so far." I finished and sat down, almost out of breath. 

Hotch stood up and ordered, "Alright, JJ, stay here with me and Rossi; we will deliver the profile. Morgan, Emliy, and Reid, I want you at the second to last crime scene. Look for anything that may help us with this." We dispersed and Morgan, Emily, and I made our way to Joey's crime scene.