Chapter 18: A "Little" Problem

(Diamond 💎)
Lucy's POV
It's been about a week since Natsu told me who he was. We haven't let on to the others about our relationship, heck we're not really sure what to call ourselves. I'm happy around Natsu, I really like him... maybe even love him. The only problem is, for this past week I've been waking up sick and then puking my guts out! But the strangest thing is, I'm fine after! I've actually had more of an appetite recently. Maybe I'm getting some kind of weird virus or something? Thinking all this over, I decided the best thing to do would be to see Wendy, our ship's healer. As I walked into the medical cabin, the smells of many medical herbs hit me. Wendy's desk faced a corner and the walls were covered in shelves full of neatly labeled herbs and other plant, and even some animal, pieces. Wendy was sitting in her desk with her back to me. "Um, excuse me? Wendy?"
"Hmm?" She answered before turning her chair around to face me, her expression brightening. "Oh Lucy! Hi! Oh you look a little bit pale, are you okay?" I did just throw up a while ago, I didn't realize I was still pale.
"That's actually what I came to ask you about, so I've been getting sick and vomiting every morning of this week, I thought it was some kind of bug or something. The only strange thing is, it only ever happens in the morning and then I'm completely fine. I've also had more of an appetite lately. Is something wrong with me?" I spit everything out desperately, barely breathing between words.
I see Wendy holding back a slight smirk. "What're you smiling at? You don't think this is serious?" She cleared her throat then her face went blank.
"No, no. I have a hunch on what this could be. Could you please lay down on that table for me and pull up your shirt? I'd like to examine your stomach." I give her a weird look but comply. She is the healer after all.
I lay down and she spends some time prodding my stomach with her small fingers. After that she has me sit down in her chair. I ask her why and she just says, "Just... you may not want to be standing when I tell you this information." I tilt my head to the side.
"Why? Oh no is it really bad? Am I going to die?!"
Wendy chuckles. "No no!" Then she looks very serious, or tries to. Her face then just stretches into an even bigger smile. "Lucy... You're pregnant!"
I stare at her incredulously. "H-huh? Excuse me?"
She raises her hands in the air excitedly. "I saaaaid ... you're pregnant!!"
"Ummm.." I'm at a loss for words, pregnant! With whose chi... oh no! Natsu!
"Sooo..." Wendy says mischievously. "It's Natsu's isn't it? When are you gonna tell him?" My face heats up.
"H-h-how did you know?!"
"Oh come on!" She rolls her eyes playfully. "With the way you two have been acting around each other it's kinda obvious something happened."
And I thought we were hiding it. "I don't know, should I tell him?" Wendy's smile twists into a sad frown.
"You have to! He deserves to know!" She smiles again. "Besides, the way he talks about you, I think he'll be ecstatic!"
My cheeks heat up again. I look down in embarrassment. "F-f-fine. I'll tell him! But you can't tell anyone! Natsu and I will when we decide to, got it?" I snap at her.
She nods and sweat drops. "Y-y-yes ma'am!"
I giggle. How am I gonna tell Natsu that I'm pregnant with his baby?

Sorry for the changing in tense! These aren't proofread and I didn't really feel like changing it. ~ Diamond 💎