Chapter Thirty

I was still confused about this shop I now owned and where it came from. I had gotten up early so I could go down and see it. I put on my black ripped skinny jeans with a white button down that was longer in the back than the front. I pulled my hair in a high pony but added curls at the end of it. I was looking in the closet for some shoes when I felt someone standing behind me. It was Brianna.

"Do you know how creepy that is? Next time can you like announce you are in the room or something?"

"I just came to see if I could come with you to the shop."

"You want to see the shop?"

"Um duh. I want to see the shop that has been dropped in your lap out of the blue." I laughed. "Okay you come. Go get dressed I'm leaving soon." She nodded and ran out of the room.

Once I was finally ready to go I went downstairs to grab my keys and head out. "Hey can I talk to you before you go," Jordan asked grabbing my arm. I hadn't really talked to him since he went out and did whatever he did so this was a surprise that he wanted to talk.

"Yea what's up little brother?"

"Don't call me that." He pouted stuffing his hands in the pockets of his basketball shorts. Just doing that made him look like the eight year old that wouldn't leave me alone when we were younger.

"What do you want Jordan," I said laughing at his attitude.

"Well I was thinking about getting my own place since it's getting a little crowded in here."

"Wait I thought you were going back on duty soon."

"I am but when I get back from that tour I want to take over the mechanic shop. I want to settle down, you know do something different."

"But I thought you said being in the army was where you wanted to be. I mean you made this big speech to mom about how the army was your calling and that's why you couldn't go to college."

"Yea I know but things change. I have given the army five years of my life and being back home this time really did something to me."

"Did what, you've been home plenty of times but you always go back."

"This time Samaria I realized how much I missed my family. I miss the relationship you and I had when we were younger. I also realize how much Brianna needs me now more than ever. I love being in the army but I think now my duty is my family and maybe even starting one."

"Oh so this is really about Raquel?" he looked down smiling. I walked up to him. "Look I support you in whatever you want to do. You know I've always wanted you to be home so if you want to be home then that's fine with me. Besides I would love not having to see you in your boxers anymore." We both laughed. He hugged me and then went upstairs.

It took us an hour to get to the shop and I really didn't know what to expect. On the outside it seemed okay but that could just be a trick. I still wanted to know who had did this. I talked to the realtor and all she could tell me is the shop was mine and I could get started right away. I knew she know more but she just wouldn't tell me. This whole thing just seemed like too much. Everyone including dad told me to just take it and keep moving.

"Holy cow this place is amazing!" Brianna looked at me for a response but I was too shocked. I couldn't believe this place was mine. "You sure you don't know who did this?"

"I told you no."

"Well whoever did must be loaded and love you." She was right the shop was better than I could ever imagine. It was huge inside and it seemed like I fit the entire city in here. There was no way in hell I would be able to afford this place if someone hadn't given it to me.