Chapter Fourteen

I was in my room getting dressed to go meet Lincoln at his house for dinner for our date. I was trying to desperately find something to wear. I was going back and forth from my closet to my bed in my bra and underwear. I only had an hour and I needed to find something to wear. As I was running around Jordan walked in calmly and sat on the bed. I ignored him slipping on a dark red short laced dress with long sleeves. "Can I help you Jordan or did you just come in here to be creepy?"

"Where you going?"

"Why are you here Jordan?"

"Answer the question."

"No, you tell me why you are in my room." I went to my closet and picked out my black open-toed shoes that had straps around my ankle. "You going on a date or something?"

"Jordan I am not in the mood to deal with your crap right now, I am already late." I undid the curlers in my hair so my hair would fall down with big waves. "I'm not here to start anything I just want to talk."

"I don't have time to talk." I was about to go into the bathroom to do my make up when he grabbed me by my arm making me look at him. "I'm trying to say I'm sorry."

"Didn't think I would hear you say those words." He sighed. "I've been doing a lot of thinking and I miss my sister. I should've listened to you and taken into consideration your opinion and not jumped down your throat about it. I know you were just trying to look out for Brianna and I also know you would never say or do anything without trying to protect us first." I really didn't know what to say. "I can accept your apology Jordan but I am telling you this, I am not backing down from how I feel about the situation. So if you thought I would just accept your apology and back down then you were wrong."

"I know that Samaria, I'm not asking you to. I just want my sister back." I looked at him and could see he was telling the truth. I did have to admit I missed my brother. I smiled and pulled him into a hug like I did when we were little. He instantly hugged me tighter pulling me deeper into his body. We might fight but he would always be my little brother.

"You do look nice," he said once we pulled back. "Thanks."

"So who going to see looking like this?"

"Lincoln, we are having dinner at his place."

"So that means you must really be into this dude, huh?" I shrugged. "I'm willing to give him a chance."

"Yea but just make sure he doesn't hurt you."

"I know and that's why I am keeping my guard up to make sure he has really changed before I fully give him my heart." He nodded. "So how about one day when you're not busy, you and me have a movie night like we used to?" I smiled.

"I would like that but I get to pick the movie." He laughed. "Fine you pick but none of that mushy shit you like to torture me with." He hugged me one last time and left out smiling.

I finished getting ready and left to go meet Lincoln at his house.

When I got to his house I didn't know what to expect. I had never been to anyone's house for a dinner date so I didn't know what I should do. I shook off my nerves and knocked on the door.

Lincoln opened the door wearing dark jeans with a grey t-shirt and an apron wrapped around his waist. "Am I early?"

"Nah just finishing up the last touches." He invited me in and led me to the kitchen. I stopped at what he had done to it, he had completely transformed his kitchen into the complete romantic location. There were candles lit everywhere and he had red roses that complimented the candles. He had definitely set the mood for our date. "I can't believe you did all of this."