Chapter Three

This morning I was just not feeling anything at all, I didn't want to be bothered. I even went off on Jordan for taking the last bottle of water and I didn't even want any water. For some reason I was just irritable and didn't feel like being fucked with.

When I got into the office I saw that Raquel chick sitting at my desk and that instantly pissed me off. "You are sitting at my desk," I said trying to be nice. She looked up at me and then just kept looking at her phone like I didn't say anything. "Did you hear me or are just fucking deaf?"

"I heard you bitch." Now I was one step away from snatching her out my damn chair. "Well since you heard me get your ass out of my damn chair."

"I won't be getting up until I get my own desk and since I don't have a desk yet I will be using yours," she smiled. "If you want a damn desk then go ask your boss for a damn desk. Now I'm not going to tell you to get out of my chair again." She stood up and stepped closer to me. "What are you jealous Mr. Charleston hired me so he wouldn't have to have you?"

"Bitch if you don't get out my damn face."

"Did I hit a nerve? Do I sense jealousy?"

"No you fin to sense my fist hitting yo damn face if you don't move out my fucking way."

"I think you are jealous that he would rather have me than yo fat ass. You don't have to be ashamed someone will come along and want you fat pig." She smirked like she had won but little did she know she just pissed me off more. I didn't know why bitches felt they could talk down to you because of your weight when in actuality I could get any man I pleased when I pleased. "You may think you are hurting my feelings with your little silly comments but you aren't. I have heard them all before and frankly I wish you would come up with some new material. Now when it comes to Mr. Charleston if you want him go for it, I don't give a damn. All I know is if I ever catch you sitting at my desk again I will drag your ass out myself." I pushed her out the way and put my stuff down.

"Whatever."

"Whatever my ass the only reason you are is to piss me off not because you are qualified so you better get yo fucking act together."

The rest of the day seems to go by fine except for the fact Mr. Steele was back. I loved when he was out of town because that meant I could work in peace but when he wasn't he made my life hell. He was so demanding and it was annoying and today was just not the day. I was busy looking over contracts he gave me when he came out and told me he needed to see me.

I walked in cautiously because I didn't want to go in and lose my job because of my attitude.

"Yes, Mr. Steele what can I do for you?" he was sitting at his desk typing something and then looked up at me and smiled. "I have a proposition for you and want you to think about it when I ask."

"Okay what is it?"

"I want to take you out to dinner tomorrow and if you think we don't have chemistry then we will let it go." This was the fifth time he has asked me out and every time I have said no. I didn't understand why he kept asking when he knew I was never going to say yes. "I know I have asked this before but I am tired of waiting for you to say yes. I am not a patient man Samaria especially when I want something." It wasn't like Mr. Steele wasn't a nice looking man but he just wasn't my type. He never seemed like someone that would accept me for me and that was a big issue.

"Mr. Steele I feel we should keep things strictly professional between us. If we cross the line and it goes bad then it would affect our work relationship."

"How do you know it will go bad?"

"I don't know but I don't want to take that chance with my job." He stands up and walks up to me to where his lips are close to mine. I try to back away but he wraps his arm around my body. "Mr. Steele I have work to do," I say pushing at his chest but he wouldn't budge. "How about you just let me take care of you and show you how this could work," he whispered in my ear. Now I was disgusted.

When I try to push at him again the door flies open and Lincoln walks in. Lucas let's go of me and clears his throat. "Can I help you?"

"My bad man I was looking for Samaria I had a question for her but I can see that she is busy."

"Anything else?"

"Nah but Samaria when you done here can you stop by office and explain something to me on one of the contracts you did?" I nodded my head and he left out. Silence filled the office. I headed toward the door when I was stopped. "Are you two sleeping together?"

"Who?"

"You and Lincoln."

"No, me and him just know each other from school. We literally grew up together."

"Then why does he look at you like that?" Now I was confused. "Like what?"

"Like someone does when they are sleeping with the other person."

"I don't know what look you are seeing but me and Lincoln are not sleeping together. Lincoln does not see me that way and never will."

"You don't have to lie to me Samaria, what you do on your own time is your business."

"Mr. Steele I am not lying I can promise you that."

"You know what I should've known not to try anything with you; you are just another office hoe."

"Excuse me?!"

"You heard me! The only reason you are denying me is because you are fucking that nigga. Hat is probably why he came back here too! You are just another bitch trying to fuck her way to the top."

"I don't know what you think but that is not me sir."

"Do you think Lincoln will want someone like yo forever? Eventually he will get tired of your fat ass and leave you high and dry." His words stung even though nothing was happening between us. He just confirmed anything I felt about myself. "No one will want your fat ass for real. You should've took your opportunity to be with me when you had the chance bitch!"

His words hit me to my core and without saying anything I just rush out of the office and run straight into somebody. When I look up it is Lincoln.

"Hey you okay Samaria?" I go around him and grab my things and head to the door only to be pulled around. "What's wrong Samaria?"

"Just leave me alone Lincoln! You never cared about me so don't act like you do now!" I snatched my arm away from him and ran out of the office.

Before I went home I stopped by the store and got some comfort food to make me feel better. I needed something that would make me forget my day and give me some relief. I decided to get some Doritos, strawberry ice cream, cream soda, and brownies to go with my ice cream. I knew I didn't need this food but I needed something to make me forget.

I was beyond hurt at what Lucas said. No one had ever talked to me like that before and to think he thought of me like that made it worse. I try so hard to be good and do what I am supposed to only to be cut down. I was tired of this shit. I was tired of not being able to live in peace because of other people had their own fucking problems.

I didn't even bother to see if anyone was home I just ran straight to my room. I was beyond hurt and didn't know what to do. I put the food down and stripped out of my clothes. I put on just a big T-shirt which fell mid-thigh.

The rest of the day I felt horrible and just binged out on food. I watched three movies which all made me cry. I was just too emotional for my own good. Anything made me cry, hell it was like I was pregnant and I know that shit wasn't possible. Sex had to happen for me to be pregnant and last time I checked ain't no one been that close to me in years. I didn't know what was going on with me but I did know I never wanted to go back to work again. Lucas had crossed the line and I didn't feel comfortable with him anymore. If I had the option I would quit and find another job but I had a house payment and bills to pay. I mean I could ask Jordan for a loan but I didn't want to do that. Family and business did not mix worth a damn. I sighed and laid back just thinking. I was totally full from all the junk food to the point I felt like a stuffed turkey. Eventually I fell asleep with the words of Lucas running through my mind.