Loving Heart

One Month Later

The height of spring was quickly approaching but Vivia did not care much for it anymore. The house was quiet, the world was quiet. Everything was still so quiet for her. When did the earth stop moving? When did the sun stop rising and setting? When did everything make so despondent?

When had she stopped living her life and when did she stop caring?

When?

Two Months Later

She was breathing again, she felt alive again, she didn't feel like such a ghost anymore. The end of spring was upon them, summer would be here soon. Tomas loved the summer. The summer made him happy.

But Vivia being happy, would've made him even more so.

                                                                                            ***

Vivia and Luc were standing in the fields as the wind blew and the sun was setting. They held hands as the grass swayed tree branches shifted. It was only the two of them in the house now. Vivia couldn't bring herself to sleep in her old room and neither could she sleep alone. She and Luc slept on the couch every night because the basement was too dark and cold for her.

She had never felt that way until now.

Her father, because that was what he was, left her with words she thought about for a very long time. She was never very sure when to bring it up with Luc but she thought the longer she waited the worse it would be. Some of his soldiers were already making their way back to Calais. The black-haired one had left the week before. There were only three left.

"Luc?" she said.

"Yes?"

"When you return to Calais, I'd like to go back with you."

Luc stopped so abruptly she almost bumped into him. He stared at her, wide-eyed, and at a loss for words. He must've assumed that nothing in the world could convince her to leave. And that Tomas's death would only make her want to stay even more. But it didn't. 

He was so wrong.

"I love you and I never want to be parted from you. Tomas said to me that he would die a happy man knowing I was going to marry you. And when you left to open the door for Agna that night, I told him that my answer to you would be yes." she turned to face him completely. "I just haven't found the right moment to bring it up. Before, it was too soon, and I didn't want to wait until it was too late.

"I am not royal material and I do not want to be a Queen. But if you need someone by your side to trust and to confide in, to share your life with and to be happy with, then I want to be that person. Because if you chose anyone else I think I'd go mad with jealousy and probably cut their hair off in their sleep. I suppose what I'm trying to say is, my answer if yes. That is, of course. If you would still have me."

Luc only smiled. "It seems you and I are stuck with each other for the rest of our lives."

*

*

*

And that's it for the major update extravaganza from today. LOL. I posted like seven chapters because finals and regents are coming up and I KNOW it's going to be super busy. Hopefully, this will hold you guys off for a little while! I'll update whenever I can but now that I've gotten to this part I can start getting to all the good stuff I'm excited for.

QOTC: What's your favorite holiday?

AOTC: Halloween!

XOXO Lilly