Luc made his way back the house and smiled at her. "I've brought something for you."

"Who are they?" she asked as he closed the door behind him.

"I'll introduce you later, come," he ushered her into the living room where Agna had already opened up the first trunk.

She was screaming.

She pulled out the most stunning gown Vivia had ever seen. It was big and round, the way a woman's dress should be, nothing like Vivia and her plain white dress and leather stay. It was dark blue and black and glittered like the night sky with long sleeves, and lace on the neckline. It had a tall collar and a panel in the front to reveal shimmering silk.

"Luc..." she breathed. "Oh my..."

"I meant to show this to you yesterday," he smiled at her. "Come! Take a look! I brought things from all around the world! Cosmetics, jewelry, clothing, shoes—!"

Agna gasped. "Gloves! Look at how beautiful." She slipped on a pair of black ones. "They're so soft."

"You didn't have to bring all of this for me." she shook her head. "I'm a physician from Canta. I'll never need to wear anything to so pretty."

"Hush up and smell this perfume," Agna took in a sniff, waved the flowery fragrance under Vivia's nose and then sniffed it again. She exhaled deeply. "Heaven!"

"At least play dress up for a little while," he said. "I need to go into Canta and make a few arrangments. I'd like to stay for as long as I can before going back to Calais."

Agna was struggling to put on a pair of heels that were clearly too small for her when she said, "I cannot believe you get the Crown Prince and I get a bunch of fancy soaps!"

Luc chuckled before kissing Vivia's forehead. "I'll be right back."

"Luc—!" she said grabbing onto his arm.

"Vivia, I'll be right back. Enjoy yourself."

Luc was out the door in a flash. Agna was flipping open trunks, wrapping shawls around her shoulders, putting jewels around her neck. She pulled out a stunning green gown then a red and yellow one. Vivia walked over to a trunk a opened it. Inside were gorgeous containers, some made of porcelain, others crystal, gold, or ivory. One contained Rouge, the other powder, and she found a crystal jar full of slightly pink face cream that smelled like roses.

 The other trunk was full of jewels and accessories. She found a gaudy emerald and ruby hair piece, pearl earrings, a diamond necklace, a gold and silver bracelet. She found an elegant fan, a beaded shawl, and pretty amethyst rings. But what really made her heart soar were the gowns. 

She went back to the first blue and black one Agna picked up. Upon further inspection, she saw that it was also purple. She had never seen anything more beautiful in her entire life. She held it close to her chest and inhaled the scent of lilacs. Something inside her clicked, like being reunited with an old part of herself she had been separated from a long time ago and had forgotten.

It was strange.

The little bell upstairs rang and the dress was quickly forgotten. She rushed upstairs to see what it was Tomas needed. He was reaching for his water and had knocked over the bell in the process. "Papa, why didn't you call me?"

"I can get it." he insisted.

She walked over to him and reached for the glass. He let out a sigh of indignation before allowing taking the glass and drinking from it. She put it back on the table for him. "How are you feeling?"

"Like death."

"Don't say that."

"I wish that I would die already if I'm being honest. Being old and sick is making me feel as though I'm deteriorating. It's an awful feeling."

She reached over and to take his hand. "You will be alright."

"Luc told me...he told me he would like to marry you." a slow smile crept across his face. "I see there's a ring on your finger."

Vivia had completely forgotten about that. She pulled her hand back. "I—"

 "You have my blessing. Nothing would fill me with more joy than to see the two of you together."

"I said no."

If Tomas had been able to stand, he would've flown out of bed. "What?"

"I will stay here with you. That is all you need to know."

"I'll be damned," he scoffed. His head fell back onto his pillow and he broke out into a sweat. His fever was coming back. "He's in love you with you! And you love him! What do I have anything to do with it?"

"He would have me move back to Calais with him," she chose her words carefully. "You are in no condition to travel and I'll not leave without you, Papa."

"I'm an old man, Vivia, I've lived my life. He is a knight in Calais, you could have a beautiful life with him."

She swallowed. So Luc hadn't told Tomas the whole truth yet. "I will think about it."

Tomas's sudden outburst must've trained all the energy that was left in him because he fell asleep quickly without argument.

*

*

*

Luc is honestly such a dream boat. Thank you all so much for reading my story! We surpassed 700 reads! Can anyone say YAYYYY!!!!! It means the world that you guys vote and comment and show your love! Thank you a million!

QOTC: What's your favorite color?

AOTC: Purple

XOXO Lilly