Part 1

"No Gajeel! Repeat yourself!" Levy screams as her face turns increasingly red.

All eyes in the guild were on them as they caused a large scene. Gajeel hung his head, knowing he wouldn't win against the surprisingly stubborn girl.

"Levy I didn't mean it like that.." He mumbles quietly, his long raven locks covering his face as she stares down at the small girl.

"Of course you didn't Gajeel. What the hell did you mean then? huh?" Levy screams as she steps dangerously close to the dragon slayer. Levy was the only one other than the demon, Titania, and the other dragon slayers who would dare to step up to him when he was angry.H normally would have respected her for that, but now it was just making him more angry at her.

REWIND TO 1 DAY AGO

"Hey, Mira! Any new jobs lately?" Levy asks with her usual cheer and infectious smile as she sits down at the bar, her feet swinging from the high stool.

"Oh Yeah! We actually just got a huge bunch in from the Pergande kingdom" Mira says as she thrusts a stack of papers into Levy's hands.

"The Pergrande Kingdom?! You've got to be kidding me. All their jobs are really dangerous Mira. If their men can't take care of them what makes you think that I can?" Levy asks with a distressed look, her self-confidence plummeting just by scanning over the missions.

"Levy, you're so much stronger than you give yourself credit for," Mira says as if seemingly reading her mind. "No one would be able to put up with all the shit that you do and be weak, Especially with Gajeel,"Mira says with a snicker. "I mean if you're so worried about it why don't you take Gajeel with you. You know that he wouldn't let anything happen to you if it came to it," Mira says as a mischevious look passes her usually calm face for a second.

"I can't," Levy says sadly. "He went on that job last week with Lily last week, remember? He's not due back for at least another 5 days."

Mira's eyes widen in surprise. "I wasn't here for awhile remember?. Kinina probably filled that one out for him." Mira says as she takes the documents back from Levy, spreads them out in front of her and begins to read them herself. "Ooo how about this one Levy, the reward is a stack of old tablets and one old book that they can't translate," Mira says as she waves the paper back in forth with a smirk, knowing that Levy could never resist a book reward no matter how small the actual payment was.

Levy snatched the paper from Mira's hands, reading it at lightning speed even without her Gale-Force Glasses. "Oh, My Mavis!" Levy says with a squeal. "These seem so interesting...but I'd have to take down a dark guild on my own Mira," Levy says with a shake of her head as she hands the paper back to her.

"Oh come on Levy. I know that you've taken down dark guilds before" Mira says as she pushes the paper back into Levy's hands.

"I know, but I had Jet and Droy with me then," Levy tried to reason.

"Levy.." Mira says with a tilt of her head. "They got knocked out at the beginning of every battle and you've ended up having to finish the job on your own anyways. I'm sure you're gonna be fine," Mira says with a knowing smile, though she only had to mention the book and Levy would have already been on board. Mentioning how incompetent that the others were in a mission was just a plus since everyone was already thinking it.

"Well I mean..."Levy hesitates, knowing how much Gajeel hated coming home to an empty house. Usually, Levy would make him iron with her signature heart in the O, clean the house, and make sure everything was just perfect. It was more fun if he was coming home alone so that she could surprise him with an extra little treat.