"He asked if you ready." It was obvious from the two adults faces that wasn't the case, but Alex held too much pride to ask again.

"I am." She confirmed anyway, signing a 'yes' to Clint before pulling her hood up. She fastened the circlet to hold it in place and clicked her fingers, disappearing and reappearing in one of the trucks operated by H.Y.D.R.A.

Before the soldier driving had time to register what was happening, she had hit him on the head with the handle of her shin knife and driven her F.S knife into his companions right arm. The shin knife flickered from her left hand to her right and she quickly cut his throat.

That vehicle was dealt with as she quickly moved onto the next one. Above her, Thor was throwing his hammer around. The concentrated expression on his face led Alex to laugh, causing him to glance down at her as his hammer destroyed a nearby truck.

"Why is the little thing laughing at me?" his comment silenced Alex almost instantly. They both lasted about a second of stonyfaced silence before Thor broke first, "If you can get a flyer down, I'll buy you a beer."

"You're on!" Alex teleported, landing on top of a flying solider, "Watch out, the Vanisher is coming through!" she joked, stabbing at his side. He jerked to the left, throwing Alex off before she could retrieve the knife stuck in his armour.

"Idiota, avresti potuto uccidermi. Fottuto idiota." She cursed angrily, teleporting midair into another car and jamming a knife into the neck of the driver. The car jerked to the left and Alex had a shot to throw her last knife at the car in front's wheel.

"English, Alessandra." the knife had hit the wheel, slowing it down enough that Hawkeye could fire an electric arrow into the centre of the steering wheel.

"No, Captain, that was Italiano." she pulled the knife out of the driver's neck, twirling it around before vanishing and reappearing next to Black Widow. "Last knife, mama."

"Tough, you're not getting a gun. And don't call me that while we're working."

Alex pouted, but picked up a twig from the floor and brandished it, "En garde, you fuckers."

"Hey." Natasha went to scold, but Alex had already teleported away. She watched her in the distance, teleporting in front of another soldier and sinking the stick into his eye.

"Operation baby cage. North-west, 1400m from the base." Natasha spoke into the comms.

"Already?" Tony asked, "that's gotta be a new record for her."

"I can hear you all," Alex shouted, as a scream came from her end. "And it's...ugh...fine."

"Roger that. Heading to Alex." Thor responded, and Steve tuned in just so they could hear his sigh.

<~~>

The other Avengers swarmed to Alex, forming a line in front of her as they charged at the enemy. While it was a little embarrassing for the teenager to have a formation named after her, it was also made her feel pretty awesome as she prepared to stab a fourth soldier with her lethal stick-and-knife combo. She pulled the knife out of him with a squelch, unaware that someone was behind her.

They grabbed her hands and twisted them behind her, trapping her fingers so she couldn't teleport. She tried to kick her leg back, but the person hooked their leg through hers, and sent her tumbling to the ground. They raised a gun and aimed it at her head, but before he could shoot, a shield got sent into his head.