Chapter 1

Looking around, I took a deep breath. Here is the day of the site set up. It was a building like an old-fashioned martial arts field surrounded by wooden walls and boards. It is about the size of the former high school gymnasium. However this sight that a lot of serious man are lined up, is releasing a sense of intimidation that is nothing to compare with the school gyms

"... Uu, I feel nervous... ..."

Was dozens of sharp eyes looked at, my stomach almost issued a sorrow. This people in front of me, are the exorcists from Amawaka House. According to the news I have heard before, this Amawaka Family, since ancient times belong to dark part of Tsuchimikado Island, and was assigned to work to execute / dealing the heresy. According to the words of Dad, looks like "like a ninja direct control under exorcist".

Indeed, no matter who, this wasn't an ordinary people atmosphere, as it is very scary people, their eyes are sharp and it seems to be very dangerous. It seems that the situation that nobody try to open their mouth to noisy anymore.

While being staring by such Amawaka's exorcists group, I was surprised / startled that the back of my spine trembled. By just facing them like this, I feel very embarrassed. Because in any case, I, Mayura Otomi, is only two years since I started practicing. Compare to those who are active on the Island, I still immature.

The woman with black hair came in to see me.

"Mayura-sama, what's the matter? Your good face, it doesn't appear to be good." She is a beautiful woman wearing a black clothes. She is very charming attractive. The big scar that remains in her left eye is probably a proof from all those battle she have supported the Amawaka Family for a long time. She, Yuzuru Amawaka-san, was the one who taken care of everything since I came to this island .

Because I am afraid to say the sentence "Anu..." I want to asked her.

"Did I truly became the representative of these people?"

"Yes, of course.", Yuzuru-san nodded without changing her expression. "Because no matter what, you are the Head of Amawaka House now, the tenth head."

The word "Head" felt heavy on my shoulder. I want to catch up with my childhood friend. It was about a week ago that I came to Tsuchimikado Island with such a thought. My childhood friend who continue to grow remarkable as an exorcists – Rokuro Enmado. To begin with, I aimed for exorcist, as the only reason cause I want to be equal with him. For me, such thing as the "Family Head" was a disproportionate.

Of course, I thought to refuse at the beginning, but Yuzuru-san said, "As long as you live on this island, the people on this island will see you as 'Seigen Amawaka's daughter' right. But also inherited the power of Twelve Heavenly Commander 'White Tiger' people... Everyone expect you as the main character, you should be honour. After all, you're his daughter. I believe you can do it!"

It seems to be said, I became the form to be overwhelmed by her overwhelming enthusiasm. If you become the principal anyway, you had better named her from early. It was added in such a way, it reached now.

Among the many families of exorcists, this Amawaka Family seems to be the a distinguished family of the distinguished 12 Heavenly Commander Houses. In the Onmyoudo, the total leaders, they seems to have an important position. Naturally the responsibilities that imposed on that position is heavy. For not long ago I was an ordinary female high school student, it's a story I don't realize, honestly.

"Didn't Mayura-sama mention before too ? Seigen-sama's... I want to help out my father's birth place." Yuzuru-san gently looked at me. "Nevertheless, why Mayura-sama, so much self-confidence-ness, you seem lacking of honourable state?"