Chapter 9

Calem's POV

I was walking down the corridor, still thinking about the sudden affection I felt towards Serena. Although I have already told Ash that I love her I still can't believe it myself that I fell for her. And I am still not sure whether this is true love or a small crush that may fade away in the near future. I was standing at my locker keeping books in it. The day had finally ended an the corridors we filled with students getting ready to trudge home. 

"H-Hey Calem," I heard a voice squeak behind me.

Another fan girl.

I sighed as I bit my lower lip and turned around to see from whom this ear piercing, nervous voice came. I take my words back. It was Serena.

"Umm- hey," I said as I rubbed the back of my head.

"Why did you sigh? Am I that annoying?" She pouted, which I found cute.

"Nope, but your sweet squeak made me think that another fan girl arrived," I grinned.

"But- I am a fan girl," she crossed her arms and frowned, "and if you sighed thinking a fan girl has arrived then you sighed because I arrived." She turned around and still made her pouted face. But she soon burst into a fit of giggles and ran off.

And I wasted no moment either. I ran behind her trying to catch her. We ran until we reached the back yard of our school. I quickened my pace and finally caught her wrist and turned her around to face me. Our noses were just inches apart from each other and her face still giggled. I was laughing too but soon turned into a serious state. Serena ended her laugh too and we both stood there, Serena in my arms, just inches apart, alone in silence. I felt her soft breathing on my nose and looked straight into her eyes. Suddenly, she started to shift uncomfortably and I snapped out of it too and released her from my grip. She turned around, her back facing me but she stood rooted on her spot. A blush made its move up my cheeks and I felt my body temperature rise.

"S-So wh-what did y-you c-come for in the f-first place....to me?" I asked. 

She turned back around and faced me.

"Um- I was thinking th-that maybe w-we could hang out...y-you a-and m-m-me..you know just to catch up on things and as...f-friends," she laughed nervously.

"Ya, sure," I said as I again felt myself heating up.

"Great, so I will be picking you up," she flashed her one-in-a-million smile.

"Umm-shouldn't I be supposed to pick you up..you know boy gets a girl..only if you are fine with it, that is," I said meaning no offence in my words.

"Uh, sure. Actually I usually picked and dropped Ash so I maybe thought..." but her voice drifted away soon as I lowered my gaze on the mention of Ash. "Anything wrong?" she asked in concern.

"No no, nothing," I said waving my hands in front of me. "I will pick you at 6 pm, so see you then Serena."

"Sure Calem, bye," and she walked away.

I also walked towards my house thinking about what Serena said 'Actually I usually picked and dropped Ash'.  

"Usually picked and dropped Ash- so how many times have you gone on a hangout with her Ash?" I mumbled.

________________________________________________________________________________

After around half an hour of walking I reached Ketchum Resident. I knockers on the door and it was Ash who opened.

"Hey there Calem," he munched on his favourite chocolate bar.

"Hi, can I come in?" I asked as he stood there completely blocking the entrance. I tried to take a peek but he blocked my view.

"Not today," he said, nervously scratching his cheek, "come back tomorrow, bye." He started closing the door but I stopped him.

"Ash I am staying with you for another 5 days, remember?" I waved my hands in front of his face.

"Oh yeah, I forgot. Sorry," he laughed and opened the door wide enough for me to enter. But what I saw next scared the hell out of me. The whole house seemed to be turned upside down. 

"ASH, WHAT IS THIS?"

"Geez, you sound like my mother. Well a little accident happened here..hehe, " Ash replied.

"Are you sure it was just a little accident?" I stated.

"Yep, I tried to cook rice but well the rice-cooker kinda blasted and because of the sound a cat that was sleeping in the lawn came in and chased me around until I found  broomstick. Plus, I even disturbed a mouse and it came out and then the cat came in again and started scaring the mouse. I had to get the broomstick again and cha-"

"I got it. So what are you doing now?" I interrupted him mid-sentence of his whole autobiography.

"Cleaning up, but-" 

"While eating a choco bar?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Nah, having a break. So wanna help?" He asked me.

"Nope, since I am the guest here, I will supervise you," I said in a tone full of authority.

"Not gonna happen," Ash said and threw a mop towards me, "start cleaning," he shouted from the kitchen.

I sighed and started these chores that Ash had gotten himself into.