Watching me under the light

(Jungkook is older than Taehyung in this)

"Honey, I'm home!" The raven-haired man yelled when he entered his home. Silence was his answer and it made the man chuckle, remembering just how little he was interested in getting a wife because of the realization from a young age that he liked looking at men a lot more.

Unfortunately, he could only hide his stares of infatuation whenever his eyes fell on a chiseled chest or a slim thigh. He'd be hanged if people found out about his fondness of the male beauty and so he hid himself and his sexual preferences away from everyone.

With a sigh he dropped his stolen goods on the table; ham, bread, some apples, and five satchels filled with coins. The block of cheese he had stolen wasn't there anymore since he had given it to the mute beggar on the street.

His mind wanders back to the poor beggar who had been chased by a group of rich boys, throwing stones at him. He had been the same beggar years ago before he started stealing money. Now he had a nice home which he rented from a grumpy rich man. Jungkook has been stealing the man's money, the one he gave for the rental fee, to pay him again the next month with the same money. The dumb rich guy had not noticed the deceit and so Jungkook hadn't bothered being subtle about it any longer.

The fireplace crackled cozily and Jungkook placed himself in front of it, watching the fire dance. He shrugged off his black jacket and spread it in front of the hearth to dry it. The rain had started pouring as soon as he left the younger boy alone.

Worry slowly seeped in, wondering how the homeless boy was doing with the storm raging outside. Jungkook got up and walked around the room, wondering if he should do something. It was not his responsibility after all. But still... He was once that boy. Wouldn't that eventually make him a hypocrite?

The minutes ticked by slowly and after catching himself constantly sneaking glances at the door, he finally gave in. Sighing, he grabbed his now dry jacket and went outside. It was pouring outside, the drops of rain hitting the stony road with loud skips. Jungkook looked left and right, wondering which direction to go into but decided to go back to the place he met the boy.

He ran all the way to the street close to the market place. Of course, the boy wasn't seated there any longer but he could be close. Jungkook wandered through the streets, getting more soaked by the minute.

"Bread boy!" He yelled, softly cursing himself for shouting out the ridiculous nickname. He had no name but he just really hoped the beggar would hear him. Thunder rumbled above him and flashes of lightning lit up the dark sky. He felt like giving up, there was almost no chance he would find the boy in a storm like this, with so many narrow streets to hide in.

He stumbled upon a house built with some stones sticking out of it, making the rain drip off them. A few meters underneath the stones was a pile of hay which was used as a bed by someone. Jungkook neared the person with small steps, reaching out to touch him.

The boy flinched when he felt someone grab his shoulder. A scared shriek escaped his lips, his wide eyes looking around to find the owner of the hand grabbing him. Jungkook stood there, dripping wet and with a smile on his face.

"Hey!" He yelled, his voice barely understandable because of the storm. Taehyung opened his mouth to say something but nothing came out. The younger sighed and gave Jungkook a small wave. He then sent him a questioning look.

"I came here to get you", Jungkook explained, understanding the expression of the younger, "Will you go with me? I have a warm house and dry clothes."

Taehyung hesitated for a bit, knowing how deceiving people could be. But the cold and the rain really influenced his thinking process. A warm house sounded quite promising. Taehyung nodded his head, smiling, and let himself get pulled up by Jungkook.

The older led the younger through the storm. Taehyung often gripped his hand tighter when the thunder rumbled, sticking close to the older. He didn't really like storms. He once saw a house burn down, with the owners still in it.

He was able to save the housedog though, who was stuck outside behind a fence. Taehyung smiled, remembering his old dog Soonshim who died a year ago. The dog stayed with him for three years but eventually died, even when Taehyung gave half of his share to the dog, almost starving himself.

Jungkook quickly pulled Taehyung inside his house when a bright flash of lightning came crashing down close to them. When the men enter, both are soaked to the core, but Taehyung didn't even care. He was inside a house! A warm one too! He looked around curiously, spotting the fireplace and rushing to it, sitting cross-legged in front of it.

Jungkook chuckled softly seeing the boy so excited, pleased by the warm glow of the hearth. The older searched for some clothes for himself and the younger.

"Here", he threw some clothes to the boy who barely caught them, "You can wear these for the time being."

Taehyung nod, smiling brightly until it turned a bit shy, his big eyes staring up at him. Jungkook gulped and turned around quickly, getting the hint. When Taehyung finished dressing, he poked Jungkook on the back, the man almost jumping at the contact.

Taehyung smiled sheepishly.

"Do they fit?", Jungkook asked him and examined the boy in front of him, "It seems a bit big on you but I think it's okay."

Taehyung nodded and opened his mouth, only for him to close it again. Jungkook tilted his head to the side, wondering what the boy wanted to say to him. A rumbling noise echoed through the room but both men realized it was not the thunder that made the sound.

"Are you hungry?", he decided to ask the younger. The boy nodded and Jungkook realizes he probably only ate a few slices of bread. "I have some bacon and bread. Please, sit down." He pointed to a chair and went over to his cabinet.

When the man was busy preparing a meal for the boy, he was unaware of Taehyung opening his mouth again, coughing lightly.

"T-Taehyung."

Jungkook turned around at the croaky voice coming from behind him.

"What?", he asked, quite shocked the boy spoke just then.

"Taehyung." He said huskily, pointing to himself.

Jungkook's eyes widened at the low voice, expecting the boy to have a higher one. "That's your name? Taehyung?"

The boy nodded.

"Well then, nice to meet you Taehyung", he smiled at the boy, putting a plate filled with bacon in front of him.

"N-nice to meet y-you too J-Jungkook." He answered, his voice barely a whisper.

Jungkook smiled when the boy started devouring the food.

Taehyung.