Plane Ride

"Are you sure you're okay with this? Because you could stay down here, help Gen with the kids for at least another week." Jensen asked concerned. "I just don't want you to overdue it."

"Jay, I'm fine!" You argued, using the nickname you had started calling him. "It's just an airplane ride!"

"True, but it's your first big adventure since the accident, and I'm just..." He continued, but you just pressed your finger to his lips, silencing him.

"It will be perfect. Then I'll be up there with you, and I can finally start on my home office." You insisted, and he took a deep breath, before nodding.

Making sure you had everything in your bag, you pulled it down the hallway, out into the driveway, where Gen had parked her big SUV. She was taking all three of you to the airport. "Jensen try to talk you out of going?" She whispered, helping you with the suitcase. It was hard dragging a suitcase, and using crutches, but you didn't want to rely on Jensen any more than necessary.

Sliding into the backseat just as Jensen came out with Jared, you placed your crutches beside you. The doctor had told you at least one more week with crutches, and then you could maybe move on to a walking cast. He had already given you the name of a colleague up in Vancouver, and you were supposed to check in right away.

As soon as Jensen and Jared slid into the car, Gen took off, missing most of the rush hour traffic. You were bouncing with anticipation, ready to actually move on to the next step in your life. Sure, your new company had been kind while you had recovered, but you didn't want them thinking they had hired a liability. You wanted to prove your worth. To make them see you were worth the risk.

"Second thoughts?" Jensen asked you, and you shook your head, giving him a huge smile.

"Of course not! I'm so excited I'm about ready to bounce out of my cast." You told him, earning a healthy chuckle.

"We don't want that." He answered, just as Gen pulled up in front of the airport. Stepping outside, she waited as the luggage was unloaded, Jensen taking both his and yours. Giving you a huge hug, she whispered into your ear.

"I'm sad to see you go. It was nice having another girl down here to talk. You'll have to come visit me sometime."

Promising you would, you stepped back so she could say goodbye to her husband. "They make a great couple." You said softly to Jensen, who nodded.

"I hope we do too." He answered, and you hoped it too. Hoped that someday your life would be as blessed as theirs was. You wanted the whole thing. Marriage, kids, the family dog. It seemed amazing, and for the longest time you had never even dreamt that it could be a possibility.

Playing with your promise ring, you caught Jensen staring down at you. Smiling at him, you began hobbling through the airport, knowing they would no doubted catch up with their long legs.

Soon, you felt a hand on your lower back, a breathless Jensen behind you. "Wow, you moved pretty well for a gimp."

"If Jared had stopped making out with his wife you would have caught up a lot sooner." You teased Jared who was right beside Jensen.

"You ready for Vancouver?" Jared asked you, changing the subject. "Ready for wintry weather, and snow, and hardly seeing Jensen?"

"As to the cold and snow, I actually am. I love the snow." You told him as your boarding passes were scanned. "But as to not seeing Jensen very often? I might just have to sneak on set every now and then."

"Who knows. She'll probably be so wrapped up in her work that I'll never see her." Jensen teased, as the stewardess took your crutches and you leaned against him for support. Soon, you were sitting in between both men, your casted leg stretched out in front of you.

"I don't think that will happen. I'm looking forward to my job, and actually getting settled in, but I won't let it get in the way of being with you." You told him softly.

Settling in for the plane ride, you turned to your book, grateful for the chance to read a little bit. Jensen began studying his script for next week's episode, while Jared leaned back and promptly started to snore.

"Should I nudge him?" You asked Jensen, who leaned across from you, poking Jared in the chest. Moving a little, he stopped snoring, and you turned to your book once again.

"My apartment isn't that much I'm afraid." Jensen started, and you looked over to him. "But it does have a spare bedroom that you are more than welcome to turn into your office. Buy whatever furniture you need, change it however you want."

"Thank you." You answered, squeezing his hand. "I bet your apartment is more than enough."

"Well, if your job goes well enough, maybe we can think about buying a house up here. It could be nice to have the room." He offered.

"But you already have a house in Austin, why would you want one up here as well?" You asked, still not used to that kind of money.

"Because I spend a lot of time up here. And I want us to be happy." He answered. "An apartment is okay, at first. But I saw how much you loved the backyard in Austin. You were outside more than you were in, and an apartment isn't going to give you that."

"How about this. We stick with your apartment, for now, but keep our eyes opened for a place that we both like." You suggested, and he nodded.

"There's a couple of houses close to mine that are for sale." Jared interrupted. "That way we can be neighbors in Vancouver, and Austin."

"Jared's neighborhood is nice." Jensen agreed. "But Y/N gets the final say so."

"Let's not rush into things." You argued, watching as Jensen seemed a little disappointed. "If we find the right house, then sure. But I'm not sure moving into a new house is such a great idea when I'm trying to get comfortable with my new job."

'j8