Texas

Now that your papers were signed, the job official, you wanted to celebrate. Jensen had promised to take you somewhere special for dinner, but you were more than surprised when the car pulled up in front of the motel you were staying at. "Jensen?" You questioned, watching as a nervous smile filled his face.

"Well, it's still early, but I thought instead of having dinner here, we could head to Texas now. There's a restaurant down there, you really need to try it." He told you as he guided you into the hotel's lobby. Sitting next to the front desk was all of your luggage, packed and ready to go. 

"Wow, you planned fast." You told him, a little nervous about already heading down to Texas. You had planned on spending at least one more day in California before heading down to Texas, and his family. 

He turned around to face you, guilt eating at his smile. "I'm sorry. California just isn't my favorite place, and I'm ready to be back in Texas. Ready to show you off." He insisted, pulling you against him. 

"Are you sure that's a good idea? We haven't been together very long, and I'm not sure..." You started blabbering, but he pressed a finger to your lips silencing you.

"I'm sure. It will be nice to be down there, just the two of us for the most part, relaxing and spending some time together. Which hasn't happened that much, and I'm looking forward to. My parents will love you, and you have nothing to worry about." He assured you.

Sighing, you gave him a smile, hoping he was right. After everything that had happened lately, you were ready for some time to relax. "Sounds great."

Watching as a huge smile broke out on his handsome face, you knew you had made the right decision. Letting a bell boy gather your items, the two of you went back to the car, settling in. 

It wasn't much later that you were back on a plane, once again sitting next to a calm Jensen, while you stared out the window. "Jared's already down in Texas, with his wife and kids. You'll love Gen." He assured you. "We'll have a big family get together on Christmas Eve, and then maybe join my parents for dinner on Christmas. Nothing fancy, so don't worry. The rest of the time it can be just you and me, in my big, dusty house that doesn't get used too much."

"It sounds great." You told him, resting your head against his chest, the motion of his hand running up and down your shoulder lulling you to sleep.

"Y/N, we're here." Jensen whispered, gently shaking you awake. Yawning you sat up, noticing the other passengers moving around, gathering their items before they exited the plane.

"Did I really sleep the entire plane ride?" You asked, as Jensen pulled your bags down. 

"Yeah, but I think you needed it." He assured you, grasping your hand as he pulled you out of the plane and into the busy airport. You could already sense a change in Jensen. He seemed much happier, more boyish, his excitement rubbing off on you. You could easily see he was glad to be back home, ready to show you his favorite places. 

As the two of you waited for your luggage, Jensen quickly checked his phone. "I hope you don't mind." He told you, as you grabbed your suitcase. "But Jared and his family are picking us up. Then I thought we could all go out to eat at that place I was telling you about."

"Sure." You answered, even though you were nervous to meet Gen. She sounded like a wonderful person, especially since she had married Jared, and you didn't want to make a bad impression. With Jensen keeping you at his side, the two of you made your way to the front of the airport, where it was easy to spot Jared. He was at least a foot taller than most of the people around him, and the dork was holding up a sign reading Dean Winchester. 

Pointing over to him, you smiled when Jensen let out a loud chuckle. "He's crazy, but you've got to love him." Jensen laughed, dragging you over to Jared. Ignoring Jensen, Jared pulled you into a tight hug.

"It's nice to see you again." Jared told you. "This is my wife Gen. Our boys are at the sitters tonight."

Turning, you saw a beautiful, petite brunette hugging Jensen. Leaving Jensen, she surprised you when she pulled you in for a hug as well. "Jared can't stop talking about you. I couldn't wait to meet the person who finally captured Jensen's heart."

Blushing, you couldn't believe how sweet she was. Jared took your bag, while Gen wrapped her arm around yours, guiding you out into the still warm night air. "It will be so nice having you around. Between Jared and the boys, I feel overrun by masculinity some times."

She guided you to a large SUV. After shoving the bags in the back, Gen let Jensen sit up front while Gen sat in the back with you. "So, I heard you were offered a pretty exciting new job."

"I can't wait." You admitted. "I loved running the supernatural convention at the old hotel, and now I get to do it all the time!"

As the men talked football, you and Gen kept up your conversation. "So, what's that mean for you and Jensen? Will you be based in LA full time?"

Shaking your head, you caught yourself staring up at him. "No, they said I can work out of a home office, only needing to visit the main one every now and then. I will be at every convention, of course."

Just as Jared pulled up to a loud, noisy building, Gen asked you. "So, are you staying down here, or in Vancouver? Because I would love to have you stay down here."

"I'm not sure." You answered, just as Jensen opened the door for you. Following him into the bar, you glanced around. "I thought we were eating at your favorite restaurant."

He nodded. "We are. This is a bar and restaurant, and their food is amazing!"

"Does it help that I'm part owner?" Jared teased, as you were led to a booth towards the back of the crowded restaurant. 

Settling in, you ordered a beer, loving the way Jensen's arm felt so comfortable settled around your shoulders. You watched Jared with his wife, easily seeing how in love they were. Hoping that someday you and Jensen might end up like them.