A Drive into Hell [p1]

"September 17, 2013

From: 10260110756@mutemail.com

To: milesupshur@gmail.com

Subject: TIP / Illegal Activity at Murkoff Psychiatric Systems

You don't know me. Have to make this quick. They might be monitoring.

I did 2 weeks of software consult at MURKOFF Psychiatric Systems' facilities in Mount Massive. All sorts of NDA's I am very much breaking right now but seriously, fuck those guys.

Terrible things happening there. Don't understand it. Don't believe half the things I saw. Doctors talking about dream therapy going too deep, finding something that had been waiting for them in the mountain. People are being hurt and Murkoff is making money."

That e-mail was from 2 days ago. I'm now on the road to Lake County, Colorado, where the infamous mental institute, Mount Massive Asylum, holds ground. Mount Massive Asylum, once owned by the OSS (Nazi Germany), shut down amid scandal and government secrecy in 1971, then reopened by Murkoff Psychiatric Systems in 2009 under the guise of a charitable organization. Fuck Murkoff. My arch-nemesis ever since I began my journalism-career, Murkoff Corporations was never the good-guy. After receiving that e-mail, I knew that this was a case too good to back down from. 

Mount Massive Asylum is a long drive from San Francisco, so I've gotten lost a couple of times. When I was first lost, I drove around at least an hour just looking for a building. Eventually, I came across an old gas station. As I pulled up into the parking-lot, I got a bad feeling about this place. I put my Jeep in park and slowly walked  into the building. I felt goosebumps go up and down my spine, making me shiver. I slowly opened the door to the gas station, jumping when I heard a bell. There, sitting at the counter, was a sleeping man. Or, at least I /think/ he was sleeping.

"Uh, e-excuse me, sir. I'm-I got lost, and I-could you redirect me, please?" I mentally slapped myself for stuttering like an idiot (and for standing there like one, too). After waiting a couple of minutes, I got ready to wake up the man. As I approached him, my body shook with fear and worry. I hesitantly reached out my hand, about to slightly shake the man. "AH!" I screamed, jumping back. The man turned around, looking at me with sad puppy eyes. We stared at each other for a minute, then he spoke up. 

"Lost, eh? Where ya headed?" The man had a long, shaggy beard, and a deep, raspy voice. I just kept looking at him, ignoring my instincts to run the fuck away. When I remembered that he asked me a question, I quickly shook my head and fidgeted with my fingers (haha Miles, You gon' lose those fingers of yours later on in the story). The room seemed to grow oddly silent and cold before I spoke. I quickly took a glance around, checking for anything out of the ordinary. Finally realizing that nothing was going to happen to me, I returned an answer.

"I'm headed towards Mount Massive Asylum, in Lake County, you know, in Colorado?" God, my answer sounded retarded. The man didn't seem to care, though. Suddenly, the man's eyes grew big with fear. His lower jaw trembled, making his loose, wrinkly skin shake. He most certainly /did/ seem to care. I got scared for a second, afraid he might have a heart attack. "Uh, sir? Is everyth-" 

"GET OUT! GET OUT, NOW!" The man yelled at me. His eyes were now filled with fury, and his fists were clenched at his sides. I slowly backed away, feeling for the door. "Okay, I-uh, sorry, sir! I shouldn't be coming back anytime soon,"(you sure as hell won't be, Miles) I quickly said, running out the door. As I was jogging away, I heard the man behind me rambling on about something. "Can't go there! Place is bad, son. Won't make it with the god! Turn around and don't come back!" Not wanting to hear any more of this crazy man's bull, I pulled open my car door and hopped into the drivers' seat. Without second thought, I stepped on the gas pedal and drove off. 

Was the man talking about Mount Massive Asylum? If so, had he been there before. Maybe I should've stayed and interrogated him. On the other hand, he could've gone uber-psycho and beat the shit out of me, or, worse, /killed/ me. Whatever was wrong with Murkoff and its asylum, I'm going to get to the bottom of it. I'm going to find out what lays within the heart of Mount Massive Asylum. I will be first, and I /will/ be last.

(A/N: hey everybody! sorry for the short chapter and lack of writing skills. next update should be tomorrow or something. anyways, thanks for reading!)