part 2 chapter 9

The party was tonight and the girls all wanted to help me prepare. But I didn't wanna start getting ready to early. It was only lunch and there would be a few hours left before the party. I decided I should write and tell Eliza and thank her for the dress. Maybe mention what me and Dumbledore talked about too.

"You're gonna look amazing!" Grace said while we ate.
"We should put your hair up in a braid." Frieda said.
"Or a ponytail! You know on of those tight once." Liona said.
"Why not just a simple updo?" I said and ate my pie.
"Just leave this to the professionals. We won't let you look like a pig on the most amazing party of your life." Liona said and they laughed.
"Fine. But nothing over the top. Cause then I won't go." I said and looked at them. They all went quiet. "I'm just kidding. Just, don't turn me into a scarecrow."

After lunch I hurried back to write something. I put on my coat and hurried off to the owlery. It wasn't snowing today. Instead, the snow was like a quiet cover over the world. The sky was light grey and a small fog came from my mouth as a breathed. All was quiet and I made sure nobody followed me. I liked the cold. Say whatever you want about Durmstrang, but I missed the always snowy winters and their thick uniforms.

I hurried up the steps to the owlery. The steps were a bit slippery from all the snow and when I reached the last step I uncontrollebly lost my balance and fell. But instead of hitting the hard stone, I felt two arms catching me in the right time. I breathed out before looking at the one person who saved me. Draco Malfoy.

He helped me back up on my feets before giving me a small stare and then hurry down the stars.

"Wait!" I say and hurry down to the next platform after him.

"What?" he say almost mad as he turn around. "Will you never leave me alone?"

"Okay, stop it! I don't care if your stupid brain has gone on vacation or if your heart suddenly turned into stone. You were my friend. And what I've learnt from this house during this year it is that you stay loyal to your friends." I took a small pause.
"And for some reason I believed I was your. Friend."

I waited for a reply. But his fast witty comebacks were only a memory these days it seemed, cause he stod there frozen to the spot staring at me.

"You may mock me and even bully me. But don't ignore me as if you don't know me! Because then I'll hate you forever. And forever is a very long time." I stoped and stod there just looking at him for a few seconds before turning around and walk up the stairs again.
"Fine!" I said to myself and took out my letter and walked over to one of the owl and gave the letter to him. "11th Magdalen crescent." I said and watched as the owl flew out the window into the grey sky. Then I turned around to walk down as I was met by Draco. He walked quiet towards me and stoped.

"I don't care if you're mad at me. But don't hate me for what I can't controll. There are things I cannot tell anyone because I am loyal. And you would most deffinatley be in danger if you knew about them." He looked at me and I listened carefully.

"And you were my friend. Only, that didn't work out. There are dark secrets that I really can't tell anyone and it kills me that you won't leave me alone with it. Because nobody cares as much as you. And I can't stand people who can't mind their own business." I could see how his jaw tightened. But then he quickly closed his eyes and opened them again.
"Blaise can't stop talking about you. It is really imature to be honest. I believed him to be better. But the truth is I am no better. Because I can't stop thinking of you once you entre my head. But because of my loyalty and "secret". I cannot let those thoughts take over." He was fighting his feelings as he spoke. I could see it on him. He kept a cool face. Me on the other hand felt this warmth inside me growing bigger.