Glass Butterflies Chapter 5 [Aylah Snow]

Start from the beginning

He pulled his fist back to hit me again then stopped. I closed my eyes ready for the impact. But it never came. Instead he picked me up by shoulders and held me. I was small back then. Pixie small. With a mop of black hair perched on my head. Crystal green eyes that caught the light differently, making them look like different shades of green. Right now I was in my red cotton shorts and black strappy vest that came down to my thighs.

"You know I love you Aylah...don't you?"

I nodded. I was still scared and hurt.

"Well you love me too...right?"

I nodded again.

"Well this is how daughters show their daddy's love" he smiled slightly.

I didn't believe him. I knew he was lying. And I fully intended to tell him that.

Alcohol flooded my face. Then my windpipe. It was then I realised he kissed me. I felt sick and cheap deep inside. Everything about my existence was screaming at me to stop him. So I did. I slapped him away. When his lips were fully detached from mine and took a deep breath of fresh oxygen and spluttered alcohol ingested air out of my lungs.

"YOU LITTLE BITCH!" My dad shouted.

"YOU LYING DRUNKEN BASTARD!" I screamed back.

Again my father violated me. Kissing me and touching me. He found it worked more than hitting me. But it was sick and twisted.

He pushed me on to my bed, and he landed on top of me as I fell. Throwing kisses all over me. He never used to be like this. But I can't help but feel responsible. It all happened when I told him about my nightmares. Usually mom got it. But she's not here.

His hands ran up and down my body. They finally came to rest on my hip. Then below the waistband of my shorts. I cried and cried. Screaming and begging him to stop. But he didn't. In fact he bathed in my anger. I began to feel out of control. Then it happened

*Flashback end*

I was pulled from my old memories that had drowned me for so long. Someone had looped a hand around my waist. I looked up to see who it was. When I found out who it was, I spun out of his grip, pulled my headphones and yelled at him.

"Trace what the fuck are you doing!?"

"I was helping you get a cab" he smiled.

"I thought I made it clear. I DON'T WANT YOU NEAR ME!!" I emphasised that last bit so he got the message.

"Yeah I got that loud and clear" he rubbed his shoulder absently.

"Well that will be a shame considering we're in the same city" he smiled evilly.

"Yeah and same Uni" Shit.

"Oh really?"

"Yeah really got a problem?" I snapped.

"Nope not at all, in fact all the better" he winked.

I felt sick again.

"No not better fucking horrid" I sniped.

We had just exited the station and were now stood out on the busy streets. Cabs and normal cars were backed all the way up and around the block. People bustled around on the sidewalks. The bag in my hand all of a sudden felt extremely heavy. I sighed tiredly.

"Hold on where are all of your friends?" I said sharply.

"I ditched them" he said without denial.

"They were annoying me, and I wanted to make it up to you" he looked at me intensely.

"Well I don't want you to make anything up to me. What I WANT is for you to go away"

"That hurt Butterfly it really does"

"Good" I spoke in a final tone of voice.

"Whatever Aylah. You're stuck with me. Get over it"

Trace smiled triumphantly as he waved for a cab and took hold of my hand.

"Oh woohoo sounds like fun" sarcasm dripped off every word.

He didn't seem to be paying attention.

"Thought you wouldn't be caught dead with a...Ahhh what was it you said? A 'six year old wanna-be'?" I questioned

"Look Aylah I never meant any of that shit and I said..."

"You're sorry yeah I know. Doesn't make me hate you any less" I snarled.

He just looked at me mournfully then back out to the road still hailing for a cab.

It took ten minutes for a cab to finally come sailing to us in all its scummy fashion. But it wasn't the colour of the unhygienic look of the cab. It was the butterfly etched into the corner of the windscreen.

What the fucking hell?