Glass Butterflies Chapter 5 [Aylah Snow]

Chapter 5

---------------- 

Aylah Snow 

----------------

I heard the dull growl of the train pulling to a stop. I could feel Trace's eyes burning into the back of my skull as I tried to keep my eyes averted from his form. I couldn't stand to look at him. He humiliated me. And all the while he played it like he actually cared. My face no longer felt any expression, it fell plain and bored. No energy was left in my body. I could still taste a dry, copper taste in my mouth were glass had impacted. That rotting smell lingered in my nostrils and that feeling, those feelings that I felt were haunting my body.

Tiny tremors shot through my body. I just prayed that they weren't noticeable.

When the train doors finally opened with an exasperated squeal that I could only just hear of the roar of my music, I made my way to them and exited the train, hoping to leave all of the memories behind. But no matter how hard I tried, I just couldn't. Everything. EVERYTHING came flooding back. I could no longer feel my own emotions. Why did I feel like this? I normally handled humiliation with such grandeur that nobody knew I was humiliated. But it was the way Trace had looked at me. With genuine concern. 'No Aylah it's all a game to him. He's a Player!'.

I couldn't forget him easily. Like I couldn't forget my family. How they had left a permanent mark on my soul. And no matter how hard a scrubbed...I couldn't get rid of them.

*Flashback*

"It won't hurt Aylah...just let me do this...just this once"

I knew he was lying. You didn't need to be an expert to know that this big, slob, drunken bastard was lying.

"Just go away dad" I screamed.

My mom had gone away for the weekend, leaving me and my older brother and sister alone with a drunk. I pleaded with her not to go. I told her I'd seen everything that was going to happen. We were all going to get hurt. All of us. Both my older siblings and me. And all by one person. My dad. But she just shook her head and promised to be back on Monday morning. Despite my warnings she still left us with that monster.

Speaking of the older siblings, the pair of them was out on the town, probably getting laid. They reckoned that I didn't know jack squat because I'm 13. But I knew everything, because Dell would come crying to me about it. Dell being my older sister by the way. Delilah was sweet and good natured, and then she became a slut. Same with Aiden. He was so nice then everything changed. My family bar me and mom have turned into sex addicts.

Dad didn't approve of my future plans. Mom encouraged them. Then they began to argue. That's why mom's away. But that's not when I started with the nightmares. Nightmares that coincidently came true. And I had seen all of what was happening. And how it would end. And that's exactly how it would end. My nightmares are always pretty definite. But I wish I didn't have them. Mom thought of them as a gift when I told her. Dad considered me a freak and hasn't shown me a shred of decency since. And I hate it.

"I will not go away until you give me what I want" he growled as he twisted a lock of my long black hair.

I pushed him away.

"GET THE HELL OUT OF MY ROOM!!" I wailed.

I saw a white light as a blinding pain built up in my cheek. I fell to the floor in a heap of tears and shakes. My hands automatically went to my face. He hit me. But it wasn't the first and it sure as hell wouldn't be the last.

"DON'T YOU FUCKING SHOUT AT ME FREAK!!"

"ME THE FREAK...YOU'RE THE ONE WHO'S BEATING UP HIS DAUGHTER!" I screamed back, still shrouded on the floor.