Glass Butterflies Chapter 1 [Aylah Snow]

Chapter 1

----------------

Aylah Snow

----------------

I did it finally. I finally made it through school now I'm on my way to university. Sitting on a train with the worst seats imaginable. Tarnished walls that had been covered in graffiti and smoke damage from years of being exposed to joints and other illegal substances that I don't even want to touch with a ten foot barge pole. Country scenes whizzing past my eyes at such a speed that my eyes were just swimming with green and flashes of black tarmac and red brick houses. I was on my way to the airport, on my way to America, on my way to Columbia University in the city of New York. On my way to a new life, in a new place, with new faces, and a future.

I looked around the God forbidden carriage and sighed heavily. I turned back to the window whilst placing my earphones deep in my ears. I began to listen to 'Escape the Fate: Situations' while thinking about how my life was taking a dramatic turn and how I was looking forward to starting a new school in a new place. A smile tugged at my lips after five minutes. I was so wrapped up in my own thoughts that I didn't notice a male open the creaky door and sit opposite me. I turned my head slightly to catch a glimpse of his appearance.

He was skinny and even sat down, I could tell he was tall. His black shirt hung off him just right. His black skinny fit jeans fit him comfortably, and when I looked him in the face, I gave a quiet yelp in surprise. He had deep, mesmerising blue eyes that connected to mine on a level I couldn't describe. His ash blond hair was gently spiked at the back, but his fringe fell diagonally across his face. His face was clean shaven with outstanding features defined by having a slim demeanour. His lips pursed into a grim line, yet his eyes were soft.

I pulled my earphones from my ears as I saw him take breath and began to speak.

"What you staring at?" he looked me up and down with almost casual interest. But that look flashed away as quickly as it had appeared.

"Nothing" was all I could whisper.

"Well then stop staring. It shows bad manners" he grinned back.

A smart-ass smile. Grinning like a Cheshire cat, showing all his shiny white teeth. That was it. Smart-ass hot guy just pushed me over the edge with that dumb grin, like he'd pulled the best joke ever.

"WOAH! Let's remember who was staring at who" I said loudly.

"Why would I look at you? C'mon seriously, flared jeans, puffy jacket, out of date trainers, and childish t-shirt. Together with a bad hair style. Kid you look like a 6 year old" he laughed.

I ran my fingers through my long black hair, all of a sudden becoming rather self conscious. I'm never usually like that. Not in front of anyone. Not even a boy. But this boy, I just couldn't help it.

That was when I heard raucous laughter from outside the carriage. I walked over to the door and looked out through the pane of glass in the wooden frame, and saw some boys around 17/18 maybe even 19 on the floor in tears. Then laughter erupted around the room. I spun round and saw the boy who had been insulting me wiping tears from his eyes and hitting the window with his other hand.

I smiled a sweet, dangerous smile.

"Well at least I don't look like a man whore who hangs around with 3 year olds who piss themselves when you say something as piss poor as that" I continued to smile sweetly. I held my hands in front of my body.

The boy in the room stopped laughing and looked at me with hurt eyes. Holy hell he looked so damn gorgeous, but wait he deserves whatever sick, twisted punishment he gets.