He broke a sob and I rubbed his back harder. He clenched his hands together so tightly, I wonder if it would break a steel object. "Then, after a few days the whole family decided to shift to London. Their financial conditions were not that stable but then also they shifted. It confused me to no extent.
I requested if we could go there too but mom refused. I was 14 at that time.

"We promised to contact each other, write letters, even meet if we could but distance is distance. It created lack of contact between us. We started getting away from each other. I was getting oblivious of her health day by day.
When I turned 16, my whole world turned upside down when I over-heard my parents' conversation about Stacy being diagnosed with cancer stage 4."

Now he started crying hard, tears tumbling down his cheeks uncontrollably and I gasped and stood on my knees hugging him tightly.

"Harry, it's okay. You can stop. There's no need to explain if you don't want." I rubbed his back keeping my voice as soothing as possible.

"Before giving any second thought I took out all the possible information from mom and then took the first bus I could get to London." He didn't consider my plea and continued anyways.

"When I reached the hospital, I got to know that there was no chance of getting her back. And when I turned 17 i-it all e-ended."
He sobbed louder than ever and I could now feel my shoulder getting wet by his tears.

"It's not over yet, her parents t-they blamed me. They fucking said I'm responsible for all what happened and then cut the connection which was left between us."

My heart started breaking. For Harry losing his best person, hate for those people who loved the blame game, for that pretty girl Stacy and most of all, Harry's sufferings.

I let him cry into the nape of my shoulder and I didn't even care for how long. I knew this emotion had been in him for more than what I expected. It needed to come out, emotions were required to come out because if not, then they can suffocate you.

By now his cries had died down and he slowly opened his mouth. "Then, I was 17 the year I lost her. I missed her terribly, her fake parents blamed it all on me. Studies were getting far away from me so I dropped out of it. I went into the world of darkness. I didn't discuss it with anyone. I just became.. numb. Numb to all feelings."

I can easily say, this was the lowest point of his life because disappointment was clear in his voice. I felt how sad he was reliving those memories, felt it to my toes. I was partly ashamed of myself and partly proud. Ashamed because those tears were because of me, proud because this day was inevitable.

"It was her death anniversary when I was not talking to you properly." More tears rolled off his eyes.

"Harry? Look at me." My voice came out as short and soft so that he can not snap any minute from now.

He looked at me with his blood shot puffy eyes. Tears staining the corners of his eyes and his emerald eyes lacking life in it.

"Please, tell me do you trust me?" I cupped his face with both of my hands and asked with full hope. I really wanted to help him. For that I needed him to believe me, if he didn't, I wonder what would I do to help him.

He gave a short nod. "I have faith in you, baby."

HARRY'S P.O.V.

I pulled her to my lap as gently as possible. I can't even comprehend for how long she has been sitting on her knees. I needed to get close to her, to make sure that her presence was still there.

"Now please listen to me and understand. Past is something which can never be changed by anyone. You and I are no special. The thing is, past can not be changed it can only be blamed."
I looked at her with confused eyes. She sighed and continued still rubbing circles on my cheek. Which surprisingly soothed me.