"What does that have to do with anything?"

They both immediately sobered up.

"You haven't told her," the blonde said backing towards the door in awe. He slid his wand from his sleeve and flicked it to call his coat from tossed across the arm of the couch. Harry caught it and glared at him pointedly.

"No magic in the house for things you can do yourself," he spoke as if chastising a child. "And I just hadn't gotten around to it."

"Around to what?" said Valerie standing up now, a bit angry as though she had been being picked on. "Told me what?"

"Why James doesn't have a mother." Harry inhaled deeply after he spoke. He exhaled heavily with his eyes closed before speaking again. "He never had one. James is my son."

She rolled her eyes at her boyfriend. Clearly being a wizard didn't make the man any more fluent with words.

"I know he's your son, Hare."

"No," the man said moving over to the mantle and handing her a picture of him when he was almost seven months pregnant. "He's my son."

"What he means to say is that he's our son," Draco provided still standing by the door.

She looked at the picture shocked. She lifted her head to look between the two men then back down at the picture in her hands before shaking her head and handing it back to the green eyed man in front of her.

"No, you're talking nonsense. You can't have been pregnant with James, I've seen your-" she blushed but shook her head again.

"It's huge, in'nit," the taller man asked from his side of the room with a wicked grin and Harry choked.

"Now is not the time, Malfoy," squeaked the embarrassed ravenette.

The git raised his eyebrows, then his hands in the universal sign for 'I-give-up'.

"How is that even possible?" Val asked looking back at the picture on the mantle again. Harry moved towards the bookshelf in the corner of his living room and started rummaging through a binder before pulling out different brochures.

"It's wizarding science mostly," he said handing a few of them to her. "I didn't understand too much of it. 'Mione did most of the research for me."

"I bet," she mumbled enraptured at the same time that Draco muttered: "Of course she did, it's Granger."

Once she had asked enough questions about the biology of it she looked at Draco again confused.

"So did you decide to split up after he got pregnant?"

"Something like that." He shrugged with his Malfoy nonchalance in place.

"So you just decided to leave him like that? How dare you-" She stepped up to him poking at his chest as she found the anger she needed to dislike this man as he stood there without a care in the world. She knew how precious Harry was, yet this man had just up and left him. His response wiped her anger away almost instantly.

"I didn't know he was pregnant. We had an argument and I left. I thought he was going to come after me, but when he never did I thought that meant he had gotten tired of me and was just too nice to say it to my face." He was looking down at his dragonhide boots now. "I thought he was glad that I was finally gone."

"When have I ever been too nice to tell you anything, ya prat?" Harry spoke up from beside Val, just in front of him, shoving his shoulder a little.

Val took a deep breath. Harry needed this. James needed this. Even Teddy needed this. She had to take care of her boys. She pasted on a smile and bent her head until she caught the taller blonde man's gaze.

"You guys should go ahead to the park, okay? I intruded on your day out. You all have a nice time. I'll be back later and we can all go out for dinner tomorrow."

"Val, you don't have to-" Draco and Harry both started before she cut them off.

"It's fine. I promise. I have to take in all of this my-boyfriend-is-a-wizard stuff anyway. I think I'm going to grab some take out and head home." She gave Harry a peck on the lips then Draco a kiss on the cheek. "See you later, Hare. And it was very nice meeting you, DL," she said with a wink in their direction before walking out of the house and closing the door behind her.

When Valerie made it to her car she took a deep breath as she sat in the drivers seat and laid her forehead gently against the steering wheel before finally starting up the car, backing out of the driveway and heading to the closest Thai place she could find.

Maybe there was some truth to eating your feelings.

"She seems sweet," Draco said before flopping back onto the lumpy couch he and Harry had chosen as the first piece of muggle furniture they were ever going to buy together. Harry nodded his agreement but sat down like a petulant little child. "What?" the blonde insisted.

"My prick isn't really that big."

"Seriously?" he scoffed. "You need to work on accepting compliments, oh great saviour."

Harry elbowed him playfully and he knew they were going to be okay.

At least for now.

-&-

hey futher muckers
she'll be back :)

on time update? woah

whaddya think? hmm?

hope you enjoy it so far
love y'all

-- angel janeé xoxo 💋